Chapter 2

Opening the front door to her house as she saw that the lights were off. Closing the front door as she steps inside the house. Walking to the kitchen as she found a note on the table. Grabbing it as she read what her father wrote her, saying that the job he a pilled for, called him saying he would be back later. Going to the kitchen as she grab her drink that she didn't finish. Walking to her room as she decided to look up her school she would be attending in a few days. Sitting down on her desk as she open her computer as she type in her password. Quickly typing the school's name into Google. Hitting enter as she relax into her chair, she look threw the page as she found a file about a scandal that happen last year. Raising her eyebrow as she kept on reading the file, that nude pictures of a girl were found in a teacher's phone. That it was on the news for 3 weeks until the teacher "quit" and the girl was send to rehab. Demi only rolled her eyes as she took a sip from her drink.

"How can you fall in love with somebody that could be your dad? That just weird."

Demi's phone went off as she look at the caller ID as she smiled down to it. Grabbing her phone as she answer.
"Hi Nick."

They talk for many hours as they both had a lot of free time

They talk for many hours as they both had a lot of free time. They talk about many random topic like they use to when they were kids. Nick made many jokes as he miss hearing Demi's laugh. Demi was laying down on her bed as she had her head on her pillow facing the celling.

"It's going to be weird not seeing you in school, Dems."

She could hear in the tone of his voice how serious he sounds. Which made her smile disappear with in seconds. Taking a deep breath as she sat up.

"I know Nick. It's going to be weird for me too. Especially since we have been in the same school since first grade. As long as we can make this long distance friendship work, we will be okay."

Nick smile as he look at the time and his eyes widen.

"Oh shit. It's about to be midnight. I should let you go. Bye Demi. It was nice talking to you."

Demi smile as she said goodbye to him. Hanging up as she look down at her phone. Feeling a bit sad as she starts to play with her phone. Getting up from where she was sit as she walk to the living room. Turning on the light as her eyes landed on the piano. Laying her head on the wall as she starts to feel all alone and empty. Wishing that she had her friends with her, but what she wants the most is to have her family complete. Having both of her parents together under the same roof. Walking to the piano as she tuck some hair behind her ear. Letting her fingers run threw the keys before sitting down on the stool. Biting her bottom lip as she looks at the keys. She hasn't play the piano since her mother's funeral. Her dad knows that music is one of her biggest passion in her life, along with writing. Placing both of her hands on the keys as she look at them. They felt sweaty and sticky, cleaning them off on her pants. Taking a deep breath as she felt her eyes having tears in them. Taking a deep breath as her hands finally started to move around the key bored. Filling the room with peaceful music that would always calm her down or would make her forget everything that happen the last year. She played her song for hours as she was able to escape from everything. At some point she had a smile on her face as she was able to forget everything that has happen. She loves how such a small moment of peace could make you forget about your inner demons. Yet you can't have happiness and peace forever as her mind was distracted by the front door opening. Turning her head as she would look at her father with a confuse face.