Chapter 23

Demi was in her pajamas as she lay awake on her bed. Taking her eyes to her alarm clock it as it was 10 minutes pass 12. For 3 hours and 20 minutes she has been laying down unable to sleep. They had a nice dinner, Blake seem nice and it made her happy seeing her dad laugh again. It made her smile yet it felt wrong knowing he's happy with somebody that not her mom.
It created a knot in her stomach, taking her eyes to the picture of the three of them together on her night stand. They were so happy together, the picture was taking right before the storm hit them which created her new life she has now. It wasn't all bad she created new friends and found love in the most unexpected place. A small smile appear on her face as she thought about him. That smile soon disappear as she remembers what she left behind. She left all of her memories of her mom at the other house. She left her best friend Nick who she grew up together. They created so many memories together as she hoped they would have create more in high school but with the unexpected move here. The day she returned from her grandparents all of their things were pack. A few days after that they threw everything into the moving truck and drove for hours. Moving away from the city to a small town that she have never heard of before. She never realized how overwhelm she felt on that day until now thinking about it. Shaking the thought out of her head until she finally dose off to a deep sleep.

Pushing her hair out of the back of her jacket as she walk to her door. Grabbing her bag and her phone before heading to the garage. Throwing her phone inside her back as she got her bike out. Closing the door as she waited for Perrie after 2 minutes she saw her coming to her spot. They rode their bikes to school as Perrie told Demi how the weather gets in the area. Nodding in understanding as she really couldn't focus on things. She really couldn't figure out the reason behind it.
Placing the lock on her bike before standing up as she grab the strap of her backpack. They meet the boys in the hallway as they created small talk. Demi mind was in a different place as she couldn't concentrate on anything.

"Are you alright, Dems?"

Snapping out of her daydream as she look at Niall. They were all looking at her with concern in her eyes. Shaking her thought out of her head as she put on a smile on her face.

"Yeah i'm fine. We should start going, they're about to ring the whistle."

They agreed as they start to walk their way to first period. Without knowing Demi was walking ahead of Niall. Hearing a voice that made her stop and look back.

Niall was walking up to her as he had a smile on his face

Niall was walking up to her as he had a smile on his face. They started to walk to first period as Niall kept on looking at Demi. As if the answer was written on her face.

By the end of the class Niall only told her that they are here for her if she needed to talk. It created a smile on her face knowing that somebody has her back. Making her way to her class as she thought about how big her dad's smile was. She hasn't seen it that big in a long time. Blakey seems like a nice person and she made her dad happy.
Shaking the thought out of her head as she enter her first period.
By lunch time Demi still couldn't get the thought out of her head. She was the type of person to lose their appetite when they become upset. All she had for that day was water. She would watch as the others ate, they offer something but she refuse to take their food.