Chapter 24

Harry didn't let Demi leave his side until she had a smile on her beautiful face. He would tell her knock knock jokes or would make silly faces, just to hear her beautiful laugh.
But nothing worked, he starts to get worried as he only let her sit on his lap. He had his strong arms wrapped around her small waist as she was lost in her own little world.
His green eyes would look up at her as he couldn't see the sparkle in her eyes that he had gotten to use to. It worried him but he couldn't figure out how to help her. His grip on her would become stronger as he saw a small tear escape her eye. He wanted to take away this feeling she was having but he didn't know how.
He lay his forehead on her arm as he close his eyes. Taking a deep breath as he inhale the smell of her lotion which was a mixture of cherry blossom and peach. Little did he know that it would soon become his addiction.

"Baby talk to me. I want to help you but if you don't tell me what's wrong. I can't do anything."

Harry would say as her focus was back on him. Finding her voice again as she parted her lips to speak.

"It's just the fact that he's happy with somebody else that not my mom..."

Demi said as a sob escape her lips. Quickly covering up her mouth as tears began to roll down her face. Closing her eyes as she began to shake her head. It broke Harry's heart seeing her like this. Grabbing her head with his big hands as he tried to get to look at him.

"Hey it's okay. It's okay. It's going to be okay. Baby look at me. Relax please."

Wiping away a tear with his thumb as Demi open up her eyes. By his hold he could tell that she was shaking badly.

"He loves you. You know that. There not a women in the whole world that he loves more then you. Remember that. He's not replacing your mom, nobody can take her place. Once you have loved somebody for so long and deeply they stay in your heart forever."

Harry would tell her as he place a kiss on her forehead.

"He didn't forget her as you told me. He watch her die. I can guarantee you that his pain goes much deeper. He watch somebody's he loves for so long die in front of him. You told me that they were high school's sweethearts. Go and try to sit down with him and ask him. He will tell you. You just have to ask, baby."

He gave her a soft smile as he look into her eyes. Demi only shook her head as she agreed. Grabbing his hand as she squeezes tight before wrapping her hands around his neck. Laying her forehead against his as she tried to get herself to relax.
After 40 minutes Demi was riding her bike around town. She was paddling slowly as she just wanted to watch her surrounding. She watch as elementary kids were getting off their buses. Some of them ran to their mother's legs as they hug it. It created a smile on her face as she made a turn into the town's park. She started to paddle slower letting the wind go through her hair. Watching the people disappear as she was now only surrounded by the playground and the small animals that lived there.
Taking slower paddles as a small sound caught her attention. Completely stop on her tracks as she put her foot down. Tilting her head to the sound as she tried to figure out what it was. Looking at the tree next to her before getting off her bike. Placing her bike on the floor as she got closer to the sound. She knew it was a bird but the sound was not what she was use to. Getting closer to the tree as she started to look up and saw a small little bird.