Chapter 3

The sun was coming threw the windows as it hit Demi's close eyes. Closing her eyes tight as she move her hand to try and cover the bright light. She slowly open her eyes before blinking a few times. Turning over as she look at her alarm clock and it read 9:30am. Letting her head hit the pillow as she groan. Not knowing if she should get up or just lay in bed for more hours. Just as she decided to get more sleep, her smelling senses got the delicious smell of bacon. Moving her head as she look at her door a smile appears on her face when she heard the music. He hasn't played music when he cooks in a while. It made her feel warm inside as she felt he was slowly getting out of his depression. Getting the blankets off her body as she sat down on the side of her bed. She tilted her head to where the music was coming from as she close her eyes. Letting the beautiful beats and combinations of the song fill in her room. She always found it silly how she could imagine the music's notes moving along, dancing like there was no tomorrow. Getting up from her bed as she walk to the bathroom. Stretching her arms as she move to her door. Grabbing the edge of of as she open it enough for her to slip threw. Letting her hand run threw her tangled hair as she just smile. Opening the bathroom's door as she quickly locked it. Putting her brown hair into a low ponytail as she made it to the sink. Looking at herself again in the mirror like she did the night before. Shaking those thoughts away as she wash her face. Fixing her shirt as she walk out of the bathroom. Walking to the kitchen as she could hear her dad humming. Her smile got bigger as she enter the kitchen. Seeing her dad in blue jeans and an old t-shirt. He had a teapot on the stove, along with eggs in one pan and bacon in another. He had a bit of a big stack of French toast to the side. Demi hasn't seen him this happy in a long time.

"Morning dad."

He turn his head to her as he smile at her.

"Morning Dems. You will never believe what news I got an hour ago."

Demi walk to him as she could imagine the news. Grabbing the edge of the counter before jumping on it. Sitting down as she thought it could be even though she knew.

"You got the job?"

Her dad only smile at her as he put his focus back to the food.

"Yeah, they called me and said the hours i'm going to be working and that I start on Monday."

Demi smile at him as she couldn't be prouder. They made small talk as he told her about the high school she would be attending. He said that it's only 3 blocks away from here, maybe they would go for a walk and check out the town. Demi had gotten two coffee mugs as he dad got the coffee and a tea bag for then. Placing the tea bag in hers as Demi put a spoon full of coffee into his. Grabbing two plates as he put the eggs, bacon, and French toast into it. Their head turn as they head the pot going off. Demi smile at him as she grab the two plates taking them to the table. Look back at her dad as he prepares the two cups. Heading to the fridge to get the maple syrup and coffee creamer for her dad. Walk to him as she place down the bottle. Grabbing her cup as she walks to the table. Walking to the sink as she grab two butter knives and two forks. Turning around and caught her dad putting milk into her cup. Only giggling as she walks to the table. They both sat down as Demi look down at her plate.