Chapter 38

Demi had her earbuds in as she watch sky above her. Their were on their way to her old town, her dad has promise that they would go visit during winter break.
She had her journal in her hands as she started writing her emotion on the paper as she couldn't expression herself to anybody. If she did she would be in deep trouble along with firing Harry from his job. That was the last thing she wanted even if she couldn't be close to him, knowing that he's in the same building made her happy. She still had papers with the two beautiful songs he wrote for her.

If I could fly
Just a little bit of your heart

She loves the songs and couldn't stop playing it on her piano when she was home alone. Playing the songs made her feel like she still had a piece of him with her.
Taking a breath as she look at her dad from the backseat. She knew that she's worrying her dad as she became less social with her friends. She could lock herself in her room and blast music until she could fall asleep. She started to eat less as she had a lump in her throat. She fear that at any moment she could just break.

Demi tried her best to get her minds off stuff but she couldn't. Taking a deep breath as she close her eyes hoping that maybe going to sleep would help her wakeup from this nightmare.
Hours pass before they made it back to their old home. Demi had smile on her face seeing familiar house and streets. Her heart began to beat faster when they pulled up into Nick's house. He was sitting down on the porch with his messy locks covering his eyes. The moment her dad stop the car Demi got out of the car and ran towards him.

"Nick"

Demi said as he look up from his phone. He got up from his spot as he ran towards her. Wrapping each other's arms around each other. Seeing her best friend and with everything going on made Demi emotional. Which cause her to break down right then and there. Nick's hold on her got stronger when she started to cry. Whispering to each other that they miss each other. They stood there until Demi could control herself. Wiping away the tears with her fingers as they return around. Nick's parents and her dad were talking as they smile at them. How much she had miss this old town of hers.
Once her dad and her got everything inside their room they were staying it. Her and Nick went to the attic a place that holds a lot of memories of them. They were laying down with their heads next to each other as they talk about everything that happen during their first semester.
Demi told him everything to the moment she fell in love to her now broken heart.

"It's so weird not having him close. Besides the age gap I didn't see anything wrong with our relationship. I miss him. I miss the sneaky looks we would give each other. Now seeing him with her again it breaks me. Yet I can't show it or he would get fired. Even if I can't touch him physically i'm still happy that he's in the same building with me. Does that make me crazy?"

Demi said as she turn her head to look at Nick. He pay attention to every single word that Demi said. He could hear her want to break down again but tried her best to keep control of herself. Turning his body to look at her as Demi did the same. Laying down on their stomach as their faces were in front of each other.

"No I don't think it makes you crazy. Even if you didn't spend a lot of time with him. He still made an impact on you. He made you feel love. And maybe you made him believe in love again. Since he told you that him and his girl were having problems before y'all got together, right ?"

Nick said as Demi told him yes to his question. Nick scratch his head as he started to think on what else to say.

"You told me how you were afraid of time running out.
Along with whispers about the two of you because you stayed after school almost everyday."