Chapter 9

Alexandria's POV

I woke up the next day when someone walked into my room. Jimmie was still asleep next to me. It was Danielle, John, Emmie and Carl that walked in with a huge cake! 

"What's that for?" I asked.

"It was your birthday a couple of months ago!" Danielle said and then hugged me.

"That 's right", I mumbled.

My birthday. I was eighteen. 

"I'm so happy that you're awake! We've been so worried!" Emmie said and hugged me.

It was rather difficult to hug them when I couldn't sit up. The wounds in the stomach hurt too much. The doctor said that the wounds were very deep and if I moved too much, it could lead to internal bleedings. I had also three broken ribs on the right side. 

"You couldn't bring cigarettes?" I said and grinned.

"It's not like you can go anywhere", John said.

"Should we wake Jimmie up?" Carl asked.

I looked on Jimmie. He was so cute when he was asleep. I turned his face towards me and kissed him. 

"What do you want?" he asked without open his eyes.

"We have company", I said.

He opened his eyes and looked around in the room. "What are you doing here?" he aced.

"We're gonna celebrate your girlfriends birthday", Emmie said like it was obvious.

"That was like a hundred years ago", Jimmie said and then looked at me. "Happy birthday babe."

"Thank you", I said and kissed him again.

"Blow out the candles now!" Danielle said and smiled big.

"Okay but you guys have to help me, I can barely breathe", I said.

"What?" Danielle said and looked at me with big eyes. "We have to get a doctor!"

"No it's okay. It's just the ribs that hurt when I breathe", I explained.

"Oh…"

"So are you helping me or not?" I asked.

"One, two, three!" Emmie said and everyone blew out the candles.

Carl sliced up the cake and gave a piece to everyone.

"Not the way I had planned to spend my eighteenth birthday, but this works too", I said.

"So when are you coming home?" Danielle asked.

"i don't know. Haven't even thought about it", I said.