7. How it started (part one)

Max Thompson

I watched Tahny sleep as she laid on my chest. I wish I could marry her instead of Olivia. She's everything I need. She's always keeps me on my toes, everyday is not the same with her. One day she'll wake me up with breakfast and have a whole day set up for us. Or maybe she'll wanna stay inside with me all day and we'll do nothing but watch movies, it's kind of our thing. Or we'll compete to see who can cook something better than the other. It's little stuff she does that makes me fall for her even more.

With Olvia everything has to be scheduled.

One time we got into this big argument because she wanted to schedule a time to have sex with me during our honeymoon. Like after the wedding when we get to the hotel it should be on and poppin but no, not with her. Everything thing she does has to be perfect even down to what she has on. When I'm around her she doesn't want me to wear regular clothes like tennis shoes or sweatpants. I'm always constricted in some fancy shit all day. Sometimes I wanna take my dress shoes off and put on a pair of Jordan's every once and a while. But she doesn't think I should ever dress like that since I'm in charge of major company. Walking down the street people hardly recognize who I am unless they work for me. My father is the face of our company and I just run it. So I don't think anyone will give a fuck if I stepped outside in a clown suit if I felt like it.

But don't get me wrong. Olivia, She's a sweet young lady and deserves someone who can keep up with all that and that person's just not me.

I know you all are probably wondering about the whole baby thing... It's a sensitive subject.

Tahny and I have a six month old son named Javier. Tahny got pregnant with him after my first time laying eyes on her. It was just a one night stand and I thought I never see her again based off the fact I hardly remembered her or that night.

Well, I was wrong.

I was at work when I got a call saying there was a woman down at the front desk and won't leave till she talks to me. Usually I would've called the police but I had nothing better to do at the moment and decided I was going to go down there.

Flashback..

I came down to the lobby to see Carmen talking to some woman who had her back facing me. Security stood close by ready to take her out.

"Is this who you called me down for?" I looked at my watch to see this is cutting into my lunch break. Maybe I should've stayed upstairs.

"Yes Mr. Thompson, this is NaTahny James she said she needed to talk to you. It's urgent." Carmen motioned something with her hands but it was unclear what it was. I looked over her shoulder and saw the girl. She looks familiar but I can't remember from where?

"You said this is urgent?" I asked Carmen but looked at the lady trying to figure out where I've seen her before. "Yes. You two have somethings to talk about."

"Well follow me ma'am we can discuss whatever this is upstairs." She turned to thank Carmen and I nearly jumped out my skin.

She pregnant!

She looked at me and I straightened up. The black dress made it hard to see until now. I don't know how I didn't see that a second ago. I wiped my hands down the front of my pants as my hands became instantly clammy. "I got this guys, thank you." I told security. "Shall we?" She nodded and I quickly zoomed across the lobby to the elevators and pushed the up button a few times.

Okay dammit. Calm down Max, maybe she's a private investor I never met before and this is just a very important meeting. There's a lot of people that I've never met before and just done meetings over the phone. Yeah that's it. She's just one of those people... Oh hell, who am I trying to convince? She's clearly not here to talk about business.