40. Calling a lifeline

Question for this chapter: Why do some of you reach? Like why you read something and make it deeper than what it is? I've always wondered why. Especially on this story. Some of y'all just be digging to deep! Like some of you guys write two paragraphs with MLA format, double spacing, size 12 font, typed in Times new Roman, with the damn spell check! All for some of these reaches. I seriously just want someone to explain.

Anyway on with the story... Excuse any mistakes.

---

Third person

"Excuse me! I-I'm looking for someone."

Paul looked up from his magazine as he sat behind the register. "Oh my God are you alright?"

Max tried to catch his breath as he walked further into the store. The adrenaline from his fast and furious style driving made him jittery. "Y-yeah, yes,  I'm uh, I'm fine. I'm looking for the owner of this place." The anxiety from the thought of his father doing something unforgivable didn't make argued better.

Paul looked at the time on the register screen. "It's 8:53 baby. The store is about to close and the boss isn't here. My mans is waiting for me and this is his only night off. So let's get this show on the road right quick." He looked at the sweat stains on the handsome man in front of him. "You sure you're alright?"

"Uh I'd like to speak with the manager. I'd feel a whole lot better afterwards. It's about something really important."

"Nope, uh-uh. You giving me a real bad vibe that I'm really not feelin. All this nervous energy you got is making you look suspicious sis. Do I need to call the police?"

"No, no, no!" Max ran up to the counter and put Paul's hand that held his phone down on the glass. "This is a life or death situation. I'm not here to cause more problems than there already are. It's about Tahny. I can't get a hold of her and it's an emergency. We kind of got into an argument that I regret and she's been ignoring me every since. I'm here because I'm sure if she saw her sister calling she'd pick up. This is serious."

Paul raised his eyebrows with his attention grabbed. "Tahny? What's wrong with her?"

"Noting yet- I shouldn't say that. I just need to speak to her sister, please."

Paul picked up his phone and pushed one on speed dial.  Tahny and him are good work friends. They became close over time of their enjoyment. So hearing something could be wrong with her was concerning. The phone almost rang to voicemail before a groggy voice picked up

"Hello?"

"Hey Hayden it's Paul. I'm so sorry to wake you up, but I'm here at the store, and there's this man here who says he wants to speak to you about Tahny."

"What? Who is it?"

He took the phone from his ear. "What's your name?"

"Max."

"He said his name is Max. And he said he really needs to talk to you, it's really important"

Hayden got up quickly from her living room couch. "I'm on my way."

Back in DC...

"I can't believe that I came that quick." Michael said sadly as he sat on the edge sat the bed. Tahny rubbed his back with a smile on her face. "Baby it's not a big deal. You were great and that's all that matters." She let it a cute laugh as she wrapped her arms around him.

He looked over his shoulder with a straight face. "I can't stand you."

Thany got out the bed and took the fluffy hotel towel from her body to put one of Michael's shirts on. "Yes got can." She stood between his legs. "I'm serious though. You was trynna break my ass in half tying to get me to arch my back all deep. You had me feeling like I was about to pass out. My hips are really soorrre." She whined out.