34. You're tired?

Third person...

Tahny looked at Michael as he looked at her. He just stared processing the question she'd asked.

She chewed nervously on her bottom lip.

"Well... Say something. You're making me nervous."

Michael rubbed his hands down this freshly cut hair. "Um- I... I don't know what to say."

"A yes or a no would be nice."

He looked down at his lap as a million things ran across his mind. "I wanna say yes." Tahny raised her eyebrows. "Then what's stopping you?" He looked at her. "I guess I'm having the same problem your having. Malaysia... She pops up when she damn well pleases, I have no way to get in contact with her since she always finds me... I just- I don't know. I'd have to leave my job, find a new job, move out my apartment, I hardly have any friends, so that's no problem, what about my family? Jassy will be fine, but my parents they'll-"

"Hey." Tahny said interruping him. "Relax, you don't have to give me an answer right now. Like I said it's up to you. If you don't want to move I'll have to live with being so far from you, I understand."

Michael leaned forward and planted a couple soft pecks on her lips. "How about I give you an answer by the end of the trip. It'll give me a chance to look around and see what I need to see." Tahny wrapped her arms around his neck. "Fair enough." He kissed her Again. "If I do say yes- and this is just hypothetical. If I say yes, you gonna stick by me?" She nodded. "Even when I'm annoying you?" She smiled. "Yes, even when you're annoying me." He gave her a smirk. "I'll keep that in mind."

Max

"ALL THIS FUCKING MONEY IS GOING TOWARDS OUR WEDDING!"

"OUR WEDDING?! I HAVEN'T PLANNED SHIT! THIS IS YOUR WEDDING OLIVIA. WE'RE LESS THAN A WEEK FROM WALKING DOWN THE AISLE AND YOU'RE TRYING TO CHANGE EVERYTHING?! YOUR RIDICULOUS! I WORK SIXTY HOURS A WEEK NOW! YOU WANNA KNOW WHY? IT'S SO I CAN MAKE ALL THE MONEY BACK YOU SPENT! YOU DON'T DO SHIT BUT SPEND, SPEND, SPEND. I CHECK MY TRANSACTION HISTORY AND SEE YOU'VE SPEND OVER $6,000 ON LOUIS VUITTON SHOES FOR YOUR BRIDAL PARTY? I FEEL LIKE I'M ABOUT TO FUCKING EXPLODE!"

"YOU'RE ABOUT TO EXPLODE? WHAT ABOUT ME?! PLANNING A WEDDING ISN'T EASY! MY LIFE ISN'T EASY!"

I put my hand up. "I'M GONNA STOP YOU RIGHT THERE." I'm about to punch this bitch. I took a breath before speaking. Calm down Max. "Your life isn't easy? Planning a wedding isn't easy? Olivia the only hard thing about your life is having to pick which purse matches your shoes, which car you want the driver to driver, what you'll do today, what time you wanna get out the bed... I wake up at the ass crack of dawn and put on these uncomfortable ass designer suits, I work fourteen hour days, I don't eat sometimes. When I come home all I wanna do is eat some dinner, complain about my day, and make love to my fiancée but you can't even do that. You move away talking about "oh not tonight Max, I'm too tired. Oh Max why should I have to cook when we have people to do that for us." I mocked her voice making her frown. "You're tired?... Psht, save me the bullshit. You don't know what the fuck tired is. You don't cook, you don't clean, so I do that when I get home after a long day of work. You're home all day so you're the one making most of the mess. All those things would be taken care of if we could keep a maid for more than three months. You fire all of them as soon as they say something you don't like. So miss me with the "my life is hard" speech. You actually make life harder for me since you wanna go around firing people that actually help out around the damn house." She started sniffling. "Please spare me the sad violin music Olivia."

"I am tired Max!" She started crying.

"Ha! Shut all that crying shit up. You can suck my dick from the fuckin back if you truly belive that shit." Her jaw dropped. I parked my car in front of the house and unlocked the doors. "You go ahead and enjoy the life of the hardworking. I'm gonna spend the night somewhere else. You got on my nerves so bad I don't feel like being around you right now."

"Max I'm sorry-"

"Didn't I tell you to save it? You always start these conversation and wanna be all apologetic and shit when I start spittin facts. Get the hell out my car that I worked my ass for." She grabbed her purse and slammed the door after she got out. I rolled my window down. "Don't slam my shit, you ain't pay a penny on this bitch- Oh! And by the way I'm cutting your card off tonight. You better call you a pizza or something because ain't shit in the fridge and that card is gonna start declining that shit at seven o'clock. I been so busy at work I haven't had time to write our maid this week's grocery list." I started backing out the driveway. "By baby! Have a good night!"

I peeled out and headed to the Four Seasons by my office building. I have a room there. I've had it since Olivia moved in with me four years ago. We're cool when we're away from each other but living together we always argue like this.

The fight we just had it's about money, as usual. We were on our back from what was supposed to be the nail in the coffin for this wedding planning. The wedding planner going was over everything that "we've" planned so far. Olivia hears one thing she doesn't like and starts changing aaalllllllll the fuckin shit... Like does she not know it's less than a week before the wedding? Does she know that I can't get a return on a majority of the shit that's already been bought for this wedding? Is she trynna die?

I got so sick of her shit I finally snapped. So far this wedding has cost me over two million dollars. Sure her parents have paid for some shit but I thought it was a bright idea to pay for it since I have the money. If I would've known she was gonna spend this much I would've just let them pay for the whole thing in the first place. Two million didn't put a dent in my pockets but it's waaayyyyy to much money to spend on the glitz and glamour for a four hour show.

I'm shutting her card down to-fuckin-night, I hope Olivia don't think I was playing. She don't need to spend a dime for quite some time. All she does is shop. Our closet is full of her shit. I had to have our closet expanded to make room for my stuff, all she did was fill it back up. The shit got so bad I had one of the spare rooms turned into a second closet so I could have some elbow room. Then she buys all her friends stuff. Oh and I forgot to mention she bought all these goodie bags for the wedding guests yesterday. She's bought iPad minis and Gucci wallets and all kinds of bullshit for over 300 people... I'll let you do the math. So you can imagine as to why I'm tired of the shenanigans.

I wish I could call Tahny. Talking to her always seemed to make me feel better even if it's just hearing her voice. Sometimes I wonder... I wonder if I just put my foot down and told my dad everything what would life be like. What would life be like if I was about to marry Tahny? What would life be like if I never met Olivia? If I would've packed my shit and ran away with Tahny and our son?

I feel like I'd be happier. I don't hate my life but there are a lotta things I don't like about it. I wish my life was like my brother Miguel's. The girl he was supposed to get married to ran away with his best friend. He met some girl named Camille at a mutual friends party and hit it off, they secretly got married two months later without telling anybody. After they got married the two of them moved to Canada, where Camille is originally from. They moved right before my dad could find out. After none of us heard from him he finally called Daniel and told hin where he had been. When Miguel told him my dad was so angry he cut all contact with him. He just started speaking to him since Olivia's wedding is coming up, and he didn't want any hard feelings between them while he's in town. That's part of another reason I don't want Tahny to move. I'm afraid I'll never speak to her again. All my brothers moved after they got married except for Daniel, the twins, and Alessandra of course. The only time I get to talk to them is when they're in town. They're afraid to speak to me since I'm the "favorite." They don't want me telling him anything about where they live or how they're doing unless father calls them first. It's not how I want my relationship with my family to be but it is... Sadly. I'm glad they're in town now but after this wedding it'll go back to the way it was until one of the twins get married.

"Valet parking sir?"

"Yeah." I got a hundred dollar bill out my wallet.

"But it's only five dollars sir."

"I know you keep that for yourself." I put the car in park and got out.

"Thank you so much."

"You're welcome." I walked into the hotel and signed in. I was hoping one day I'd be able to get rid of my room here at the hotel. But the way Olivia and I keep fighting I don't think that'll happen any time soon.

"Welcome back Mr. Thompson. I hope your have a wonderful stay."

-------------------------