13. Michael

Tahny

"Javier venir aquí. No vaya demasiado lejos de la mama." He stopped playing in the grass and ran to me.

I'm trying to keep talking to him in Spanish. Amelia doesn't really talk in English a lot so I imagine Javier knows a lot of it, but I'm also trying to keep talking to him in English so hopefully as he starts talking a little bit more he can understand both. My grandparents on my dad's side are from Nicaragua so my Spanish is pretty good.

"You wants some juice?" He reached for the diaper bag. "Ah ah, don't reach. That's not nice. You tell me yes or no." I'm trying to teach him simple things like using his manners since as great Amelia is she just let's him act out all the time. I should teach him now so he doesn't grow to be a little asshold. "Tuse." He said pointing to the bag. "Yes you may have some." I gave him his sippy cup and put him down in front of me.

We're at the park today since it's nice outside. I've seen other mom's and their kids out here before so I figured it might be good for Javier to be with other babies. But so far he gets shy when another kid comes up to him. Besides if Max is with us we'd be stuck inside getting cabin fever. He only liked to go out at night when it's harder for someone to recognize him. I'm not about to raise my son to be some house cat because of his father. He needs to interact with other kids so when I put him in school he won't be scared to make friends or won't distance himself from other kids. I read this in one those parenting books when I was pregnant.

"You have a very beautiful son." I looked over to see a gray haired man standing where he was blocking the sun from my face. I looked back at Javi who was standing a foot away.

"Thank you." I stood up and picked my son up in case this man is some kind of pervert. "A pretty lady like you shouldn't be here alone." He started getting closer to me. "What's your name beautiful?" I took a few steps back as I got the urge punch his ass and run.

"It's none of your business." He flashed a smile to me revealing a few gold teeth. Oh hell no.

"There you are. I saw someone I knew from high school. I turned around and you guys were already gone." This familiar looking guy said coming up to me. He raised an eyebrows quickly and I decided to play along. "It's okay. You didn't have to stop because of us. You should've caught up with your friend." He put a arm around me. Okay he's playing a little to much. "Who are you?" He asked the creepy man who keeps looking at Javi. I put his face to my chest so he couldn't see it.

"I was just leaving." The old man said while his smile faded. He looked at me long and hard like he was searching for something. "It was nice meeting you ma'am." He walked away and I got this sudden chill down my spine. I made sure he was out of ear shot and looked at the man who helped me.

"Thank you so much. I don't know who that was."

"It's okay beautiful." With that I instantly remembered him. "Hey, you work at the restaurant I was at last night. Michael right?"

"You are correct."

Amelia was right, he is cute.

"That guy was kind of sketchy I couldn't help but to come over." He said squinting his eyes from the sun. That just makes him even more cute. He needs to stop it. "I hope I didn't interrupt something.You didn't have to do that."

He smirked. "No you're fine. I was walking from my car when I saw you. I just come here for the ice cream on days like this." I laughed a little. "Just for ice cream out of a ice cream truck?" He laughed himself. "It sounds crazy but it's like soft serve ice cream and the guy who owns it has been coming here since I was a kid. It's the best ice cream in all of California."