16. Olivia, the shopaholic

Olivia in the picture.

And why didn't you guys tell me I had the damn locations mixed up. One minute the story is in California and the next it's in New York. I'm getting my damn stories mixed up 😂. This story takes place in California for those who were confused. 
-------------------------

Tahny

"Welcome to Jahlia how may I help you?" I asked putting more shoes on the display hearing the door chime go off. "Hi it's me again." I turned around to see that woman who wanted her jeans exchanged. "Well hello there pretty lady how may I help you?"

"I've been doing a lot of online shopping on the store website and a lot of the stuff I like has sold out in my size."

"Okay. What are you looking for?"

"Well I sort of have a whole bunch of screenshots of everything. But most importantly I need an outfit for my fiancé's family get together tomorrow, that is top priority."

I mentally rolled my eyes. I was hoping for a nice relaxing day at work and not to be running all over the store. She was really nice to me last time so I guess I can help her out. "Let's see what you got." She pulled her phone out and tapped on the screen a few times before handing it to me. "Just swipe to the left." I did what she told me and instantly regretted it as soon as I saw what all she took a screenshot of.

"Looks like you've got a whole store full of stuff." She laughed nervously. "I know but this is my favorite store in LA and I've done enough online shopping from you guys to get 50% off in store credit." I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

Does she have a life? Do you know how much shopping you have to do to earn 50% off in store credit?... A lot! And the biggest percent we have ever offered in store is 30%. She must have an addiction.

"Well I guess we should get into it. You're lucky they're other employees in today because this is going to take a while. Alana I'm helping this customer out so you'll have to finsih this shelf on your own. Luckily this is the last one." She gave me an okay and went back to putting new shoes on the shelves.

I looked back at the woman I'm helping and put my focus back on her. "Let's get started shall we?"

"Yes definitely. Thank you so much- uh I didn't catch your name." She said looking at my chest. "Sorry, I must've forgotten my name tag in my car. I'm NaTahny." I shook her hand. "I'm Olivia." She gave me a smile almost blinding me with her white teeth, who's her dentist? "Well Ms. Olivia let's get to it. You get to carry the basket." She laughed. "Fair enough."

Max

"How did your talk with mom go?" Danny asked me as we sat out by his pool to talk.  With all this shit going on it feels good to be hanging out with my all my brothers. But that conversation with my mom has me all fucked up for some reason.

"It was okay. She wanted to talk to me about Tahny and it ended in me leaving out of there faster than the time we talked." I faced the bottle of Henny and screwed the cap back on. "What she say?" He asked as I passed the bottle to him. "She basically was telling me the truth and I realized I wasn't ready to hear that shit yet. She was telling me how I can't keep my family after the wedding and then she drops the bomb on me about how Tahny is about to move out the condo and all this and that. It was just tough to hear, you know what I mean?"

"I hear you man but you know mom it right. You think you can just leave out the house with no warning and go spend time with the family you already started? After the wedding Olivia is gonna be on your ass. That's how Danielle was after we got married. Before that I wasn't coming home for three or four days and I would be telling her I would be babysitting you while mom and dad was out of town. You were five by that time so it was a good cover since she never asked why any of our other brothers couldn't watch you. While she thought I was watching you I was out here running the streets and getting crazy head from this perra loca across town. But after we got married I couldn't go nowhere if she couldn't come too. Plus I wouldn't feel right if I still was stuck on my old ways knowing I was married. And if you sneak off and go see Tahny and the baby you know your girl is going to get suspicious and you know how close Olivia and dad are. You know she'll tell him and then he'll go on some man hunt to find out what it is you're doing."