18. Take it slow

Third person

Michael had came through with loads of stuff for Tahny even though she didn't ask for all of it, he wanted to make sure that he didn't disappoint when he came over.

They both sat in her living room at a good distance from each other watching movies and talking. They paid more attention to each other than they did to what was in the screen. Michael looked at Tahny as she struggled to open up the hot sauce package.

"What?" She asked with a laugh. "Nothing I'm just... Looking." He took the packet from her and ripped the corner off with ease. "I loosened it for you." She said jokingly. "If that's what you want to believe." He took a sip from his drink and leaned back on the couch looking at the TV.

"Do you want something from me?" She asked randomly thinking all of his kindness was to good to be true. "Why do I have to want something?" He asked with a laugh. "You're perfect, like almost to good to be true. You're really nice and your sweet, and you weren't grossed out when I told you when I'm on my period, then you brought me all this food. Now you're watching shitty romance movies with me. You actually cared if I was okay and if I needed anything-" Michael cut her off with a laugh. "What's funny I'm serious?"

"You are. I'm far from perfect I just like treating a woman right. Especially one as beautiful as you." He said smiling. "Besides I grew in house full of woman so day you're on your period doesn't bother me by the slightest." He was sincere but Tahny still had doubts.

"I'm serious, if you're just doing all this to get in my pants just say so. I mean I'm not opposed to that idea but you should've been straight up with me." Michael sighed. "If I just wanted to have sex with you don't you think it would've happened by now?" He moved the food from between them and got close to her.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked frowning with her arms crossed.

"I've been working at Mi Casa since I got out of high school. For three years I've seen hundreds of gorgeous woman come in and out of the restaurant but they didn't matter up until I saw you. Around this time last year I saw you come in for the first time. Even though you were pregnant I wanted to say something to you, but I saw you with a man a few times and I didn't know what your relationship was with him was. So I kept to myself."

He was talking about Max. Tahny thought to herself.

"You stopped coming with him and you were by yourself and I never got the courage to say anything to you. Then you didn't come in for a while and I figured you must've had your baby and that I missed my chance to say something. But you showed up one day with your son and some other woman with you I was so happy to see you were alright. I had so many chances to talk to you but I was so scared. So I kept making sure someone else waited your table so I wouldn't have to speak to you. Every time I even thought about coming up to you my hands would start to sweat and my words would get caught in my throat and I couldn't think straight. It took me a year to even ask you if you wanted more water." Tahny let out a soft laugh. "When I left your table I wanted to run out there so fast and never look back because I couldn't believe I finally did it. I still can't believe that after all this time I'm actually sitting here talking to." Michael felt good letting that out. "I know that sounded way more creepier than I wanted it to but I've had a crush on you for a while now."

Tahny was silent for a second letting hours words sink in before slapped him, but no to hard.

"That's for stalking me for a year and not saying anything." She grabbed his jaw and pulled his face to hers and lightly brushed her lips against his. "But that's probably the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me."

Michael's heart was racing a mile a minute and was unable to get his words out.

"C-can I kiss y-you?" He asked stuttering. She nodded slightly. He grabbed her face and closed the space between them.

The kiss was slow and gentle nothing like Tahny had experienced before. Just as the kiss started getting heared he pulled away. "Why'd you stop?" She whined out. "Because I like you Tahny and if you like me to then I'm gonna take things slow. There's no need to rush."

Tahny thought about Max. It was time for her to start moving on. But she didn't want to get into something great with Michael but still be caught up in all the bad she has with Max.

"I like you too. But I'm going be honest with you." Tahny got her words together before continuing. "I'm in a sticky situation with Javier's father. I'm slowly but surely getting over him and it's been tough. I just want you to know that before we move forward. I don't want to start anything with you but still be stuck on him. You get what I'm saying? I hope it makes sense."

"Yeah I understand completely. I'll go as slow as you want. I want to get to know you before anything. Nothings worse than getting into a relationship and you don't know the person."

That just summed up exactly what happened with her and Max. She liked that Michael wanted to get to know her first, with Max if they weren't having sex they were fighting. She felt like they argued so much because they didn't know to much about each other. She never really had a chance to know him considering he kept mostly everything about himself hidden.

She kissed Michael's cheek. "Thank you for understanding." He smiled. "You're welcome beautiful." He wrapped an arm around her and she melted into him, placing a hand on his chest.

"Hey remember that guy from from the park? That creepy old guy, the one in the suit?"

"Yeah. What about him?"

"He popped up on me after I got off work the day I ran into you at the grocery store. He said he wanted to talk but I ran to my car incase he wanted to try something. I didn't want to stay and see what he wanted since it was raining hard and no one else was around."

"It's funny you say that, I think I saw him earlier this morning before I took Jasmine to my parents house. I was getting gas and I could've swore I saw him standing there watching me." Tahny looked up at him. "Do you thing he's following us?" She asked rubbing his chest a little.

"I hope it's just a coincidence but I don't think it is considering he was at your job and wanted to talk." He rubbed his chin in thought. "Do you want me start dropping you off and picking you up from work? Because I will if you want me to."

"You don't have to. If he pops up at my job again I'll let you know."

"You sure? I got a bad feeling about him all of a sudden." He said looking down at her. "Don't worry to much about it." She said before kissing his lips quickly. "I thought we were taking things slow?" He asked with a laugh. "That doesn't mean I can't kiss you?" She said with mischievous smile.

"Don't try to distract me I'm serious, if he shows up again tell me."

"I will. I promise." She held her pinky up and he looped his around hers.

For the rest of the night they ate and talked. But Michael couldn't seem to make that feeling go away... A feeling like someone, not just anyone, but someone was watching them.

---------------------------