42. The mother, the son, and the Devil himself

Quick update. I'll probably update again later in tonight.

Max

Max.
---

Third person
One day till the wedding...

"Max your tux doesn't fit! Ay, Dios mío! The wedding is tomorrow and all your clothes are to big! Have your been eating?!" Amelia shouted.

Max stood on the circular platform in the middle of the large dressing room with his eyes hardly open. It was the down to the wire, the day before the wedding, and nothing seemed to be going right.

All of his groom's men sat around the room looking in concern.

Max put his finger over her lips. "Ma, shut up for got damn second."

Daniel raised his eyebrows before rushing to his brothers aid as he saw their mother ball her fist.

She smacked his hand away.

"Mami, Maxxy is just stressed out. He's just tired that's all-"

"Tired my ass. And he smells like alcohol! You can not be hungover right now, hijo. It's the day before your wedding! Danny you call Sylvester in here to fix Max's tux. Tell him to name a price so he can have it finished by six am tomorrow morning."

Daniel ran out the room.

Amelia looked at all ten groom's men and snapped her fingers. "Ay, I need all you to get out a minute so I can talk to my son- Alex! Don't drink in your tux, cause if you spill anything on it I'm kicking your ass." They all rushed out and the once noisy room became silent.

"Max, what is going on with you? You haven't talked to me since you moved into that hotel. I call, you don't pick up. Now you disrespect me?"

Max stepped down from the platform to sit in the edge.

"Ma, you know I can't trust yo-"

"What? Where is this coming from? First you tell me to shut up and now you can't trust me? You must've hit your head or something?"

"I'm head is fine. I just got a lot going on and telling you my problems isn't what's best right now."

"What ate you talking about? I'm your mother." Amelia sat on the black satin couch that leaned against the wall across from her him.

"You can't hold water even if it was in a bottle. I say something about Tahny and you go tell her. I was something about dad and you run right over to tell him what I said. Your messy ma. And my life is mess as it is, I don't need you to add to it."

"I am not messy." Amelia said in a irritated laugh. "I only talked to Tahny so I could keep you aware of everything that was going on. And I did the sane for her. You two weren't communicating, so I had to do it for you two."

"You didn't have to do anything except be a grandmother, even then you couldn't just do that. I'm sure you probably had something to do with dad finding out about Javi."

Her jaw dropped. "What?! How died he find out?!"

Max held his head. "Ouch, stop being so loud."

"Stop being hungover- now tell me what happened." She got up to sit next to him.

"Im not going into detail. Just know dad found out, he threatened me, and now NaTahny and Javier aren't here anymore... That's all I'm gonna say about that."

"Not here? They're dead?"

"No ma." Max rubbed a hand down his face. "They're not in LA."

She let out a breath of relief. "Good. You had me worried for a second. But I swear to you I had nothing to do with that. You know I wouldn't have said anything to Emiliano about T-"

"Say what to me?"

Speak of the devil and he will appear. Max thought to himself.

"Nothing." Amelia walked to her husband quickly and kissed his cheek.

"Well if it nothing, you can tell me."

"Well, your birthday is two weeks from now and we're talking about what to get you."

The black suited devil smiled. "Then in that case I want a nother jet, two more actually. But I'm sure I'll love whatever you get me, mi amor." The couple shared a tender kiss making Max roll his eyes.

"What are you doing here? I didn't invite you."

Emiliano let Amelia wipe the lipstick from his his lips before speaking. "I can't see how my son looks in the most important ensemble of his life?"

"You can see it tomorrow like everybody else."

"Why so hostile son? It seems that you Hagee some anger forwards me. Whatever it is I'm sure we can work it out."

"Psht. I'm over this shit." Max says to himself before he began to take the tux off to change back into his regular clothes. "I don't have time for the sarcasm."

"Just relax Maxxy. No need to leave in such a hurry." The conniving smile on his face only added to Max's irritation. "You're life is so much easier now. Forget about that girl and you can have a hundred more children better than the other one.  If you're truly upset... I can really make them disappear so you won't have to worry about them any more. Just tell me their location and like that-" he snapped his fingers. "They'll be gone."

Max looked to his mother for her to jump in and say something, anything. But she stood there looking everywhere but him.

"Un-fucking-believable." Max through his tux to the floor before slipping on the Nike sweat suit he came in with. He slipped his sock covered feet in the slides before grabbing his bag and heading for the door, only for it to be blocked.

"You better be at that alter in the morning or I'll make sure you don't see tomorrow. You understand?" Emiliano kissed his sons forehead. "I love you son. Remember that." He opened the door and Max rushed out.

"He going to end up hating you if he doesn't already, you know that right?" Amelia asked as she picked up the white cotton material from the floor.

"No he doesn't, he can't." He took the designer shades from his breast pocket and slipped them on his tan face. "Make sure that all his groom's men clothes fit right for tomorrow."

"I will."

He walked out the room and she let out the breath she was holding.

---

Sorry for any mistakes.