21. Skeleton Left in the Closet

Third person

Before Max could say anything thunder and lightening struck loudly making the power go out in their home.

"Oh my God." Olivia said squeezing onto him. "We gotta light some candles. Who knows how long the power will be out?" Max stood and carried her bridal style back to their bedroom as thunder shook the house. He opened the door with his foot and placed her gently on the bed.

"Baby hurry being in the dark is creeping me out!" Olivia said getting under the covers in fear. Max used the flashlight on his phone and went into the bathrooms medicine cabinet for a lighter and lit all the candles in the room.

"Is that better?" He asked turning the flashlight off as the room now was filled with a soft orange glow. Olivia nodded still shooken up from the sounds outside.

Max got into bed next to her and she immediately clung to him for dear life. He silently thanked God for the interruption in their conversation. He honestly didn't know whether to tell her the truth or not. He probably wouldn't have been honest in fear of her reaction.

How would you react if the person you've been in a relationship with, engaged to, for seven years just drops a bomb on you about the secret family they've had on the side for two years?

Max thought about all the scenarios that could play out when he tells Olivia about NaTahny and Javier. He'll eventually tell her since he can't keep them a secret forever. He can't just miss his son's entire life.

Olivia could flip the fuck out when I tell her about Javi and Tahny or she could beat my ass. Maybe even kill me, who knows? Or maybe, just maybe, she could take it well and say she's has someone on the side too, which I highly doubt. Or she'll run and tell my dad and that'll be the end of that. Maybe she'll be cool with it and accept them, I don't think that would happen. I need to talk to Tahny before the wedding happens, I don't want to get married without seeing hey and our son one more time. Because who knows when the next I'll see them after that?

Max looked down at Olivia to see she was on her way to sleep. He moved her to get side of the bed and slowly took his phone from his pocket and sent a message to an unsaved number in his phone.

To 555-7601: we need to talk

Tahny

I lead Michael through my house upstairs to the guest bedroom. I would take him to my bedroom but that would disrespectful if I slept with another man in the same bed where I slept with Max. Also I have a bunch of boxes in my room from where I've been packing a lot of my stuff up. I'm seriously not playing about this moving shit, I gotta get out of this house.

I kicked some of the boxes in the hall out of the way so he could get through.

"You moving or something?" Michael asked walking close behind me. "Yeah I'm moving out of this place to somewhere smaller, kind of like a fresh start." I pushed open the door to the guest bedroom that's across the hall from Javi's room.

"This shit is nice." Michael said looking around the room. "Thank you." I pulled the sheets back as Michael held his phone up with the flashlight on so I could see.

I got in the bed first and he got in soon after.

"Well I hope where ever you move isn't to far away." He said putting his arms around me.

"And why is that?"

"Because I like you and if you're too far away I can't come be up in the bed with you like this." He kissed my forehead and I looked up at him with a smile.

"Well some of the places are close by but I wanna get out of the LA area. The places I've been looking at are good but this one really nice house that I love has everything I want for my son and myself. It's in a good neighborhood, it's five miles from the city, it's not to far from my parents house, there's a bunch of amazing things about the house but only one bad-"

"Wait, didn't you day your parents live in Washington?" He said sadly.

"Yeah that's the bad part about it. The house is across the damn map and I don't wanna leave what I got here. Javi's grandmother lives here and since I've had him me and her have gotten really close. My sister lives here 50% of the time but she travels a lot, and then there's my son's dad but it's not like his opinion matters on whether we move or not. And then I just met you..."

Third person

"I don't want to move all the way out there and I lose what I have here with you." Tahny sat up and looked at Michael as he looked down at his hands.

"You shouldn't worry about me in that regard. You should do what's best for your child and if that means moving back home then do it." They hadn't known each other that long but it stung his heart to say that.

"I always put him first. All the places I've looked at are amazing places for Javi and I to live. I just wanna do something that makes me happy, I'm just home sick, I've lived out here since I was eighteen and two years is a long time to be away from your family. You know what I mean?"

"Yeah I know what you're saying. I'm very close with my parents and I couldn't imagine being on the other side of the country far away from them. It's bad enough I live four hours away and they have to come down on weekends to see me and Jasmine."

Michael held one of her hands and rubbed the back of it with his thumb.

"I just don't wanna seem like I'm running from all the shit that's happened here."

"What do you mean?"

Tahny looked at him for a second then looked at his hand holding hers.

Should I tell him? He probably knows who Max is and probably thinks I'm some gold digger or something like that. I don't wanna say anything if it's going to make him not like me. But I don't wanna keep any secrets either.

-------------------------------------

What should Tahny do?