23. Making a friend

Third person
Two days later...
12 days before the wedding.

Max unlocked the doors to Tahny's condo and tossed the keys in pocket.

"Hello? Anybody in here?" He stood in the doorway waiting for Tahny to answer back. "What the fuck? I told her ass 3:00."

He went to the living room about to take a seat until he saw the room had hardly anything in it except for a few boxes and the couch. He sat down and pulled his phone out to see Tahny had texted him.

T: I'm handling somethings right now. Hopefully I won't be to long. Tell me when you're on your way. (2:53 pm)

"To late for that. I'm already here."
Tossed his phone on the couch and went to the kitchen to fix himself a sandwich.

--

"How about these?" Olivia pulled a long box from the closet in her shoe room. "I've worn these once to a party and they rubbed my pinky toe raw on my right foot. I think my feet are two wide for them." She sat on the floor in front of Tahny and opened the box that held the thigh high Alexander McQueen boots.

"These are nice!" Tahny said holding them up. "You can't give me these to me these are $2,000 shoes."

"Please take them. I've had them for a year and they've collected dust since the first time I've worn them."

Tahny added them to the stack.

"Thank you so much. I can't say it enough."

"Awww." Olivia gave her a hug. "You are so welcome. I should be thanking you for taking all these shoes off my hand. My fiance should thank you too since I'm moving all these shoes out so I can put more stuff from our closet in here so he can some space."

"That's very thoughtful of you."

Javier used the edge of one of the boxes to stand up.

"He's so cute. I can't wait to have kids of my own. But I want to wait a few years after I get married to have one or two. But I don't know if I can wait that long."

"Oh yes you can. I love my son to death but he's a handful at times." Tahny put him on her lap and Olivia ticked his feet making him laugh.

"He likes you. He doesn't like anyone."

"Can I hold him?"

"Be my guest."

Olivia picked him up gently and held him at her side. "Hi handsome, he is your twin."

"I know right. Say hi to Olivia Javi." He waved to her shyly before putting his face on her shoulder.

Tahny watched them play for a few minutes before she looked at her phone to see the time 3:27 and remembered she had to meet up with Max.

"Olivia this has been fun but I gotta get home so I can get Javi to his dad." They both stood up and Liv gave Javi back to her.

"This really has been fun. It's not to often I get to hang out with anyone."

"Who are you telling? I stay at home most of the time too. We should do this again. Maybe we can have lunch together or something?"

"I would love that- wait actually... A associate of mine Mandy is going to be in town this weekend and she's going to throw a huge welcome home party for herself, and I don't know to many of her friends. She said I can bring a plus one and my fiance probably won't be interested in hanging out with a bunch of woman all night and all my friends have lives... It's free food and all I do is sit in the corner and talk about people all night. Would you mind coming with me?" Olivia mentally crossed her fingers.