25. Can't help Myself

This chapter sucks 😐 but I had to post something---------------------------

---------------------------

Tahny

"You better now?" Michael asked as I finshed the last taco in the box.

"Yes thank you." I laid back on the guest bed and untied the drawstrings on my shorts. "I can't believe his ass came in here at my neck like that." I rolled my eyes and laid my head on Michael's chest. As soon as he got here I told him what happened.

The conversation with Max is the type of shit that I try to avoid. I'm not very confrontation but this is about Javier now. I can't stay here when there are places far from LA that can help my baby. I'm not going to do what I've always done and sit around and wait for Max. He isn't technically in our lives but he has a lot of control over the things I do.

Like I haven't put Javi in daycare because Max said his dad could see him there somehow. I don't go to the nail salon down the streert from his job because his dad might see me; so I'll have to drive twenty minutes to go get my hands and feet done across town instead of the five minute drive by his job. I'm tired of living like that. 

I'm taking control now.

"You ever think about moving away?" I asked as I played with Michael's lips while we watched Javi and Jasmine talk to each in some language they understand.

"Of course. I didn't plan on living in California this long. Just like you I came out here to work and for school when I was 17. Now I'm 25 still working as a waiter for twelve dollars an hour with a degree and nothing to show for it."

"What did you go to school for?"

"I got a bachelor's degree in physical education and got my credentials. I wanted to be a gym teacher, I love kids and physical health is important to me so why not? But every school that I apply for in the past says I don't have enough experience or I have to many tattoos, which I think is an excuse to say no. So I've stayed working at Mi Casa, they keep giving me raises and I like my job. I do want to leave here but I don't wanna go back to Nevada where my family is."

"I'm sure you'd be a good gym teacher. I'd be in your class, not for the right reasons though." Michael kissed my hand and gave me a thank you. "Why don't you wanna be back home?"

"I've lived in Las Vegas my whole life. I've seen it all, done it all and I'm sick of it. Plus my parents are old and they're always traveling. I have a older sister and we're 15 years apart. We're not that close because of the age difference, she's more like an aunt than a sister if that makes since. So I don't know what I'm going to do, but I do want to get out of LA.

I sat up and kissed his lips. "Well whatever you decide to do I support you."

"Thank you." We kept talking about all the possible places he could move to until my phone rang.