27. Truth be told

Max in the picture above.
----------------------------------------

Third person
(Same day)

"I made a huge mistake coming back after I found out I was pregnant. You're the only one who knows I really didn't get pregnant in Washington. But I never told anyone I knew who the father was." Tahny wiped her eyes as they started to fog with tears.

Hayden jumped up from her seat and plugged her phone to the stero system for the store and started playing music, just in case anyone was listening.

"What the fuck? When were you going to tell me or anyone?"

"I wasn't going to. Javi's father isn't just anybody. That's how I'm able to afford half the shit I have."

Hayden sat on the edge of her seat mentally preparing herself for the subject of the conversation at hand.

"Who is he?"

"Promise you won't get mad?" She nodded but Tahny knew she didn't mean it. "It's Max Thompson." Hayden sat there for a second looking at nothing in particular. "Well, say something!"

"Do you know that nigga is married?!" Hayden said putting her elbows on the table.

"He's not married yet. Look... I didn't know who he was when I first met him. It was... Kind of a one night stand and we were both drunk."

"You were sevteen when you first came out there! What the hell? That's rape."

Tahny raised both her hands quickly to stop Hayden before she jumped to anymore conclusions. "No its not, I got pregnant my birthday weekend."

"So what happens next? You came back here to find him?"

"Yes, exactly. When I came home I stuck to my "I got pregnant at a house party" story until dad got something in the mail from Max. I saw his picture on this brochure and he sent dad and instantly remembered him. I got Max's name and job adress off the pamphlet and saw he had an LA zip code. So I came back and went to the adress a dew months later and told him. That's when he dropped the whole fiancée bomb on me."

"Jesus." Hayden whispered to herself. "So why do you have to move?"

"Because all those times when I said I had Javi in Daycare he was with Max's mom in San Francisco. Max didn't want his dad to find out about Javi and I; so we sent him to go live with his mom while I worked here to get enough money so I could move. Max and I didn't stop messing around with each up until recently and you can imagine how messy that was, but I had to stop. He's about to get married and I'm not about to keeping fooling around with him after he says "I do." There's to many memories in that house and I took Javi to his twelve month check up and all those times I was worried about why Javi wasn't acting like a "normal" baby it's because he might..." She took a deep breath. "He might be autistic."