Electric Enigma

Percy looked around with extreme confusion, this wasn't right, he didn't belong here. What could possibly be going on? How did he even know that he didn't belong where he was? All he knew was that it felt wrong, and his instincts had never once let him down in his life before.

He should never have walked through the doors to that abandoned garage. The entrance was rusted over yet he felt willed to move onward by unseen forces. Was it his father pushing him on, forcing him to accept his destiny? There was still a car held high on a raised platform above him. Further inside he could suddenly hear a cry for help yet he felt a tingling sensation that it was not as it seemed. That supposed cry for help could not possibly have actually been a child of sorts. It must have been something else, something else that also didn't fit in with what was going on around him.

Percy felt the hilt of his axe across the back of his belt and instinctively pulled it free as well as rolling up his sleeves. While he didn't know what could possibly have made that cry for help aside from a child, he couldn't risk ignoring it and having it turn out to have been an actual child in need of help. On his right arm a small tattoo on the soft underside of his wrist had instantly become visible to anyone who bothered looking. It reassured Percy when he looked at it from time to time, a small reminder of what he was out to achieve.

There was another shot of sensation that passed through the back of Percy's neck and he realized that aside from whatever was in the garage, he and IT were not alone. Several extremely powerful beings accompanied by one who simply could not be a regular human being were closing in on him.

Percy cursed himself, he'd become careless. He'd noticed the ridiculous power following him for quite some time now, almost like they were tracking him, but why? What could anyone want with him? Well, the answer was obvious to him, but as far as he was aware, nobody knew of his existence.

Percy analyzed the way that his prized axe glinted int the low light, it was his baby, it had been the only thing he'd ever received from his father, and for that fact, he was very grateful. The darkness didn't bother him, very little did in fact, it was only really when other's lives were in danger that he seemed to almost sober in his decision making. If he was on his own he would no doubt venture straight into trouble head first in a barrel roll.

A warrior's heart burned bright in Percy's chest and it was evident that he loved his lifestyle for he wore his emotions on his sleeve. In truth Percy was aware of how he did things and given the chance, he'd have it no other way. Percy adjusted his black tight fitting dress shirt and opened one of the buttons, it was getting slightly stuffy in the garage despite the entire building supposedly being deserted with the small exception of whoever made the noise.

A flash of silver took Percy's focus away from him and he immediately noticed his flaw. He'd become side-tracked right when he needed to fight whatever it was that had sprung the trap in the first place. He instinctively stepped back a few paces, keeping his axe in hand and aimed at the behemoth in front of him.

"Silly mortal, your weapon won't work on me." The colossal thing boomed before stepping out of the shadows. When it came into the light Percy knew straight away that it hadn't been lying. Attempting to cut it down would only serve to piss this thing off and he didn't need that. It had a single eye in its ugly face. The giant imitated a child's cry perfectly before grinning at its next meal.

"A Cyclops. Hmm, well then, I guess I'll have to kill you the old fashioned way." Percy grinned before putting the axe firmly back into the reinforced loop that hung off of his jeans. It was a small axe that he could easily handle with one hand as per its intended use. The Cyclops surged forwards, arms outstretched trying to ensnare Percy but it only served him to get a powerful roundhouse kick to the temple. Percy managed to stun the foe but knew that eventually they would both tire out and he would come out underhanded and would be killed in a most gruesome manner. He felt the presence of those who had been following him the entire time seemingly waiting at the entrance to the garage, his only hope was forcing the Cyclops out and then engaging directly alongside whoever it was that had been tracking him.

"Come then Cyclops. Catch me if you can." Percy flashed a grin as he belted outwards towards the entrance. He knew that he could keep running at full speed for two or three miles, but in the long run, the need for the Cyclops to capture and eat Percy would always outlast Percy's own motivations of nothing. He had no goals that didn't involve suicidal tasks, no parents to see, nothing that could bring him out of his self determined path that only ended in death but he wasn't just going to lay down and die, he'd make the Cyclops really work for this meal, so he knew that he could never stop moving. It was Percy's eighteenth birthday in only a few days' time, and he truly didn't know whether or not he was going to see it, especially at this rate of meeting new people.

He managed to reach the entrance of the garage as the moonlight beamed down on him. He couldn't quite place it but he felt reassured when he looked at the moon above, it's beautiful lunar gaze reflecting perfectly from his powerful platinum eyes. Just as he was free of the workshop he felt an iron chain ensnare his leg and drag him to the ground. "Son of a bitch!" Percy cursed as his face slammed against the asphalt.

Right before the Cyclops killed him his eyes flashed a pure white, wisps of smoke flowed out of the sides, it was a scene of raw unpredictable power. His lips moved in an almost silent whisper before a colossal lightning strike came down and obliterated the Cyclops into nothing more than a shower of gold dust.

Collapsing back onto the ground he felt a wave of exhaustion wash over him, he'd never had to use that much power but he expected that if he undermined the situation he would easily be dead by now. It was only after a minute or two that he noticed the number of young girls all clad in silver hunting garbs, all staring at him with bows drawn. They were seemingly led by the one who had the immense aura flowing off of her.

"What should we do with him milady?" One of them asked, never taking her eyes off of Percy. He visually gulped at the prospect of any of those arrows hitting him. A young girl with auburn hair stepped forwards and seemed to analyze him.

"Strange, a lightning attack yet you bear no resemblance to a child of Zeus." She muttered quietly. He doubted she had intended for him to hear her, but his senses were excellent, far beyond the limits of mortals.

"A child of Zeus? Yeah, right, next you'll be telling me that the Greek Gods exist..." He stared in disbelief at the deadpan expression that the young girl wore across her face, realizing that instead of her giving him an answer, her steely gaze was more than enough of a confirmation that she was trying to tell him that the Gods still existed. Perhaps it was true, it would explain how she was basically swimming in power.

"I am not a child of Zeus." Percy told them immediately before standing up, brushing the dirt from his shoulders, letting a hand rub his face from where he'd kissed the pavement.

"You should only speak when spoken to, boy." One of the girls spat before trying to kick him in the back of the legs. That didn't quite go to plan when Percy simply laughed once her foot came into contact with the back of his knee. It tickled.

The girl in question was rather short and around fifteen years old. She had spiky short black hair and opposed to the others, she had a spear and a terrifying shield on display. The images on the shield truly made Percy's skin crawl.

"You also haven't been claimed. This needs to be seen by Olympus. A mortal as powerful as yourself could cause us a lot of problems." The little one who it turned out was actually their leader had told him. Percy shrugged, waving his hands in the air. He hated this already, who said he hadn't been claimed? Above all of that, she believed him to be a mortal, what was that about? How many mortals had this girl seen that were capable of channeling lightning from the sky?

"Don't I get a say in this?" He asked, looking skywards before he felt a hand on his shoulder and then they were gone.

A/N: Hey guys, I'm remastering this so if you're new to this story and don't see an author's note like this, then you've gone past the point where I've remastered the chapters. Enjoy.

If you feel like supporting my other hobby, you can come and watch me play a load of games, often swearing like a sailor in the process. Check it out. /channel/UCuR41yuScY68Z7r84rp0nZg