Welcome To The Hunt

History had panned out exactly as they'd meant it to, with the minor addition of a few bits of insight on certain people's terms, namely that Odin's allseeing eye could immediately tell what Percy had been through and what needed to be done. The old God was good enough to be discreet and not share that bit of his knowledge with the Gods of Olympus.

It was extremely important that Percy and Artemis were able to catch Abaddon out at the right time and break free of Cronos' time spell.

They walked on through the thick morning fog that flowed between the luscious green of the pine trees surrounding Artemis' current encampment. They had to introduce Percy to the hunt all over again but this time it wasn't going to be trial and error of them falling in love, it was going to be them planning to break free of their time constraints and kill a Primordial before Abaddon's head could fall upon the chopping block.

"I can't believe I missed the opportunity to mess with Apollo's temple while we were there." Percy moaned slightly as he swung his hand in an arc through the air. He was mostly just trying to summon his axe to come forth at his beck and call but for an axe it was being extremely stubborn and seemingly resisting.

"And do what exactly? I can tell that despite still being stronger than nearly everyone that compared to what you were you're almost powerless." Artemis reasoned, glancing at him from the corner of her eye. She didn't actually know quite the extent of his loss of powers. He had his wings and an unknown level of physical strength and speed, apart from that all she could tell that was tied to him was the axe he'd been constantly trying to summon.

"Should I name my axe? I feel like it would be prevalent to give it something to respond to." Percy smiled somewhat. He wasn't really sure what he should be doing so instead his mind was going for a wander. He truly was completely whole once again, it was going to be hard to get used to the oh so very much 'Armageddon' moments where the God of the Apocalypse would materialize and say something incredibly inappropriate before disappearing and leave Percy to deal with the consequences.

Artemis never responded, instead she just granted him a few more seconds of her gaze before looking towards the horizon before them. They were getting very close to her camp and she knew that her hunters would try to HUNT Percy when they saw him. She was curious as to how that would play out this time around as she was sure that he was still stronger than the first time they'd met.

A few twigs snapped around them, quietly but loud enough for the two powerful deities to register the noise. Percy continued trying to swing a phantom axe through the air, still succeeding in doing nothing but fist the air in front of him.

"You'll go no further." They heard a voice ahead. Percy stopped and saw the familiar body belonging to Thalia, the headstrong daughter of Zeus. She was stood rather impassively despite holding the offensive end of a spear towards him, cradling a shield in her off hand. Her gaze was focused solely on him. It was then that he realized that none of them would remember him and would no doubt try to kill him.

"Oh give it a rest sparky, I am so not in the mood. You've already met me and we've quite clearly established that Lady Artemis does not outright want me dead." Percy sighed heavy, hesitant to even try to stop whatever attack that Thalia might send his way. He was considering just tanking it and observing how hardy his body still was.

"You did keep me waiting for thousands of years." She muttered, folding her arms, hiding her grin expertly.

Percy narrowed his eyes at her, "I love you so much, but we'll be getting separate beds if you're going to sic the hunt on me." Percy retaliated with a matching hidden grin splayed across his face.

"You're insinuating a lot of things that will get you killed around here." Thalia interjected, getting both immortal's attention.

Percy's posture changed. He stood far straighter and welcomed the challenge. His gleaming platinum eyes sharpened to focus on the target in front of him. "If you think that you can kill me, the hit me with everything you've got." He told her, slowing raising his arms to splay them out and allow her to strike him. Artemis stood off to the side in silence, she was too interested to see the result to stop them. She was confident that her fiancé would be fine.

Without a second of hesitation, Thalia thrust her spear to the sky, screaming as she focused every part of power in her body and commanded it to come crashing down on the Son of Odin in one huge bolt of lightning that would have made Zeus incredibly proud.

"Hmm." Percy hummed to himself as he watched the bolt fall upon him. In truth it tickled but other than that it had no real effect on him. It careened around his body, holding it's form as the Son of Odin was akin to lightning. He lowered his arms and stared at Thalia for a moment.

"That didn't do much, here, you can have it back." He said, slowly flicking his wrist towards her. She managed to bring her shield up just in time for a stream of pure energy to blast right into her. She managed to withstand it but she knew that it really was just him returning what she'd hit him with. None of that was any of his power.

"That's enough with the lights show Percy." Artemis warned him. He might have been the Prince of the Universe before but she was still going to be stern with him if she needed to be. "Thalia, go and gather the hunt, set up the perimeter and warn then that Percy will be joining us and if anyone tries to attack him they were be... Well, left to defend themselves." Artemis told her lieutenant who nodded before bounding off into the distance.

"You're going to let them try?" Percy asked with a raised brow. This didn't happen last time, but then again, they knew better than last time. If Percy actually fought the Hunt back there might not be a Hunt for very long.

"They're going to be angry when I announce that you're actually joining the Hunt for the time being, but obviously it IS a challenge set by Zeus so you'll have to deal with their anger and frustrations in your own way." Artemis quipped before leading the way into the camp.

Percy could immediately feel a number of predator like eyes trained on him. A warm welcome this was not.

He could feel the ebb and pull of his axe. "Oh, so now you want to play along." Percy tutted under his breath. He chose not to summon it immediately as that might have set quite a hostile image.

"Let's get this over with, everyone who wants to try and kill me, line up, we'll do this one by one until you're either all utterly defeated or I'm dead." Percy announced loudly, choosing now as the time to summon the axe, realizing that hostility was coming his way whether he reciprocated or not.

One by one the hunters seemed to all be rallying next to the eldest of the bunch as they each approached the Son of Odin. "Great. Going to be a long day." He sighed before getting himself ready.