Asgardian Intervention

Percy looked around, extremely disorientated before his eyes finally set on the young auburn haired girl in front of him. "Where are we, and who are you?" He asked quizzically. Looking around it wasn't hard for him to piece things together considering what the girl had previously mentioned. "Oh, so this must be Olympus. Funny, never really did want to visit Greece." He commented casually before continuing to let his eyes scan the surroundings.

"Olympus moved with the western civilization, so, actually we're above Manhattan. The Empire state building to be precise, and to answer your other question, I am Lady Artemis, the Goddess of the Hunt as well as a few other things." She told him, only to her amusement when his eyes widened significantly.

"I remember little from my history lessons, but I apologize for the lack of respect I have shown you. Greetings Lady Artemis." He said with a deep bow. She acknowledged this with a wave of her hand before the grand set of doors that they were currently standing beside swung open, revealing a huge room filled with thrones in the shape of a central U. Percy followed the Goddess inside where she started to grow until she was big enough to accommodate the throne. She closed her eyes and focused for a moment before others all flashed in as well.

Here he was, surrounded by Gods and yet all he had was his axe. He wasn't sure that he wanted to anger the Gods, especially not Zeus. It would be bad enough to be struck down with an element from his own domain.

"Artemis why have you summoned us, and who is that?" Zeus asked, pointing at Percy who stood directly in the center of everyone with arms folded. He surveyed the room and tried his best to remember the Olympian Gods of legend. Zeus, Poseidon. Was Hades an Olympian? He didn't think so, he couldn't see a twelve foot Marilyn Manson type.

"I had been tracking an incredible power for some days now, unsure as to whether it was a renegade immortal or just a higher breed monster. This was the source of the power. He is a demi-god there's no doubt about that and he summoned a bolt of lightning that would rival your own father." Artemis told them, no emotion was present in her voice as she glanced back at Percy.

"Well he's not mine. I would have claimed a son of strength much earlier than this. He's nearly of full age. Does anyone here claim this demi-god here and now?" Zeus boomed around the room. None spoke up, all watching with interest.

"Then the course of actions is clear to me. We cannot allow him to live, he could be a threat to Olympus. I am sorry young demi-god. Before you meet your end, I would have you tell us your name." Zeus looked back at Percy who had been standing impassively. They were going to kill him? Unlikely. Who said that he was unclaimed? He really didn't want to have to use his failsafe, but this was one of those cases.

"Percy Jackson." He called up, unfolding his arms. Zeus nodded and a second later his master bolt was in his hands and facing Percy. Percy knew he didn't have much time to act. Instinctively he raised his hands into the air, his eyes taking on the hue of pure power as a wisp of white smoke rolled out from them. "Father I need you." He whispered. Immediately, the tattoo on his wrist glowed a bright white. The three interlocking triangles formed the Valknut and summoned the one who could save him now.

A great horse and a figure the same size as the other Gods appeared in a flash of white. The master bolt reflected harmlessly off of the shield on the man's side.

"Who dare's interrupt my council!?" Zeus boomed angrily. The horse and shield faded into nothing, leaving an elderly man to stare down the Olympians alone. He was huge, even for a God. He was clearly one who had seen many battles in his time.

"Odin. Allfather, king of Asgard. Tell me Zeus, do you believe yourself above me? Because there is only one other deity that outranks me and they haven't been seen for thousands of millennia." Odin told them, his voice strong, causing Zeus to plaster himself to his throne in shock. Of course after no one dared to dispute Odin's claim he turned to Percy.

"Son, you've done me proud. I would like to say that you're going to come with me and return to Asgard but you haven't been tested yet. Your name remains with your mother's. I Odin Allfather set the claim to my throne to Perseus Jackson that should he prove worthy he be known as Perseus Odinson and receive what is rightfully his." Odin gave Percy a serious smile before he disappeared completely. How would he prove to be worthy? Complete an impossible task? He had a knack for doing the impossible so he wasn't even sure that would prove himself worthy or if it would even truly challenge him.

"Tell me boy, was that as surprising to you as it was to us?" A God with bright green eyes asked Percy after a moment of silence. Percy assumed that this God was Poseidon. The very waves of the ocean seemed to rise and fall behind those ancient eyes.

"I knew he would come, I am the heir to Asgard after all. But I never expected him to lay down my claim. That's interesting." Percy muttered before he focused back on the council. "I should leave. The less interaction I have with you the better. I need to go and complete an impossible task of some variety." Percy sighed as he looked at the Gods for some sort of argument coming his way.

"If you're after an impossible task, I challenge you to get Arty over there to like you." Percy heard a voice call out from the side of the room. When Percy noticed her the first thing he noticed was that she had a constantly shifting appearance. The other Gods noticed this as well. "Aphrodite, your appearance can't decide on what it wants to do." Athena told her quite obviously.

"It seems that the boy doesn't know who he wants. Interesting." Aphrodite muttered. Percy was getting sick of this side track.

"You mentioned a challenge? If the success of it proves me worthy then I will undertake anything you Gods issue me with." Percy told them, folding his arms again.

Zeus grumbled for a moment, "Aphrodite believes that if the mortal can get Artemis to like him that he would have completed an impossible challenge and shown himself worthy of his father's claim. Do any dispute that this would be a great challenge?" Zeus asked the council, it seemed that he himself rather liked the idea. Percy knew of Artemis and her hunt. The hunters would not take kindly towards a man and maybe that was why Zeus was seriously considering it. He must have seen it as a form of payback for not being able to smite Percy.

"Then it is settled. Perseus Jackson you will join Artemis' hunt until either she likes you and you return to Asgard or she kills you. Know this Artemis my word is final and you are not to kill Jackson without reason." Zeus bellowed, instantly quelling any arguments that his daughter was about to make. Percy noticed the immense look of hatred on Artemis' face when she turned to look at the newest member of the hunt.

"Well, it looks like the girls have a new practice dummy." Artemis smiled coldly.