The Trouble With Romans

Percy appeared in the sky with a single flash of black light that disappeared as quickly as it had come along. This time, his wings extended gracefully and he held his altitude perfectly. With the immediate issue dealt with he gazed down to the bright city below him. "Wow, Romans have some serious style. I bet that daughter of Athena would love to study this place." Percy muttered before he noticed the commotion happening below them. A decent sized battle was happening by a load of Romans that were all clad in gold armor except for the fact that none of them except for one girl with a flowing purple cape had a complete set of armor. Percy found that incredibly strange.

He decided to make his entry a flashy one and dive-bombed towards the ground. Half of the battle was being waged in the water, that couldn't have been very useful for the Romans. He noticed that their enemy was none other than two of the Gorgon sisters. It wouldn't have been Medusa because there were no life sized statues littered around the battlefield, so that was something at least. People started to notice his swift appearance and gasps went around everywhere. He landed on the other side of the river, the two Gorgon's, who for some reason each had a horrible set of leathery wings which made them look remarkably like furies. The two gorgons raised themselves above the demi-gods in the river and assessed the new threat.

"Need a hand?" He asked the Romans who all seemed lost for words at his casual attitude. The Gorgons hissed violently before one of them tried to swipe at Percy. Yggdrasil formed in his hands just in time for a spear to impale and turn a Gorgon to dust that floated gently to the ground. It took Percy and entire five seconds to notice that the dust was already reforming. "That shouldn't happen." He frowned, looking at the other Gorgon that had a smug look on her face.

"Even angels cannot kill us permanently." She cackled. Percy grimaced at her terrible laugh before he launched Yggdrasil at the second enemy. She too turned to dust before his eyes. That gave him a moment to take care of the reforming problem. Yggdrasil thudded into a wooden wall on the other side of the river, over where the Romans had fortified their perimeter. It was embedded thick into the high piled log fence.

"It's no use, they keep reforming quicker than we can take a breath." A red faced guy panted as he appeared next to Percy, seemingly the only one not disturbed by Percy's wings. "But thanks whoever you are, you took care of them easily and you're a fresh face to add to the fight." He held out his hand after that, "Luke Castellan, son of-" Percy made sure to cement Luke's position inside the Roman camp, "Son of Mercury right? I've met your dad a few times. My name is Percy Jackson. I'm the Champion of Chaos, the primordial of creation." Percy told him.

Luke nodded somberly, "Well, it explains the wings." He laughed dryly. He must have been chased by these things for quite a while. He looked exhausted as it was. It was only then that Percy noticed the Goddess sitting on the Roman side of the bank watching the exchange happily. Juno, or Hera. Percy didn't have anything against the Goddess, but frankly, he thought that her plan sucked balls on a grand scale

"So, got any party tricks that can kill these things permanently? If I was a son of Neptune things would be easier, I'd just wash them downstream." Luke laughed happily. He was going into hysterics, Percy had to keep him out of the fight. Both Gorgon's formed at once and hissed at Percy.

"I've got just the thing." Percy muttered as he went to pull Yggdrasil out from watch form only to realize that it was imbeded in the far wall as a spear. He extended his hand and summoned it back into his hand. By the time the weapon had reached him, it had already changed into a beautiful black axe. He pulled Baninir out of the loop in his black jeans. The weapon that had been gifted to him by his father had always changed minutely to reflect his current state but he was surprised to see that the blade of Baninir was now a vibrant silver with the very edge of the blade a striking lightning blue.

It didn't take long for people to start seeing the full picture of the man who had black wings and dual wielded some age old Viking axes. Percy held both Yggdrasil and Baninir up towards the sky only for him to be struck by black lightning a second later. It took him a matter of seconds before the first Gorgon was now nothing more than a smouldering pile of ashes that were so damaged that they couldn't piece themselves back together again. The power of black lightning was a brutal one.

"So, are you going to deliver a message for me or do I have to give you the same treatment? Know now monster that the power I wield has prevented your sister from returning, she has faded for all of eternity and I WILL do the same to you unless you leave now. Go, tell your masters that I'm here. The son of Odin is fighting in this war." Percy warned the last Gorgon with a death stare strong enough to make Cerberus back down from a fight. The Gorgon spat in Percy's direction before leaving towards the sky. "Well, that was fun." He grunted before turning his attention back towards the Romans who all had their weapons now firmly pointed at Percy and Luke.

"Friends of yours?" Percy asked casually.

"I only just got here. Carrying a heavy Goddess no less. If it's true that you're the Champion of Chaos, you can get us past these preliminary stages where nobody trusts anybody right?" Luke asked hopefully.

Percy shrugged, "Just because I'm a VIP doesn't guarantee you a fast pass. Come on." He laughed, punching Luke in the arm cheerfully. As they crossed the river Percy felt himself entering new territory, little else happened apart from Chaos' gift of knowledge informing him of yet another random fact.

"State your names." A female, the one with the full armor and purple robes told them forcefully.

"This one's name is Luke Castellan, he is a great hero, the son of Mercury." The old lady said as she stood and placed an arm on Luke's shoulder before she resumed to change into her godly form which towered over everyone else. "And he has my recommendation." She told them calmly before she flashed out and back to Olympus.

"Yeah, what Juno said." Luke told them, his breath finally returning to a normal rate. He turned to Percy with a grin, "There's my fast pass." He smirked.

"And what about bird boy over here?" A tall skinny guy with a dagger and... A teddy bear?

"You're trying to be funny and call me names when you brought your teddy bear to a fight for moral support." Percy grunted with a very slight amused smile on show before he looked to the woman who no doubt held more authority than the idiot.

"Don't mind Octavian, he's only a legacy after all. Who are you though?" She persisted, Percy knew that he'd at least have to explain the basics at some point.

"Perseus Jackson, but please, only call me Percy. I'm not a Roman demi-god." He explained. Octavian narrowed his eyes instantly.

"What are you then, Greek? Is that it, huh, graceus!" Octavian was now shouting. Percy stared at him for a moment. "You're an idiot. Who are you a legacy of?" He asked, feeling sorry for whatever unfortunate God had this buffoon for a legacy.

"Apollo." Octavian stood up straighter with a proud air around him. The Roman with the cape just sighed. Luke was watching with avid entertainment.

"Apollo and I are close friends. I was drinking with him in Europe just last week." Percy said without any sarcasm present whatsoever. Octavian's face fell, "No, you're lying, I can tell that you're lying!" Octavian stammered pathetically.

"Fine, have it your way idiot, I swear on the Styx that only last week I was drinking way too much alcohol with Apollo in shoddy clubs in Portugal." Percy told him with folded arms. Thunder rumbled overhead, "Moron." He muttered before turning away from a jaw dropped Octavian.

"Now, my completely standard intellect has deduced that you are a leader of this camp. If you would allow me your name, then I will allow you the rest of my story?" Percy asked the woman. He didn't mean to put that much charm into his voice but then he never did, he noticed his mistake when he gave her one of his natural smiles, the kind that he noticed gave him power over Artemis. "Follow me." She said, a brutal blush was visible behind her helmet. The Romans parted ways for them as Percy and Luke followed the Roman in charge to her private quarters. Octavian had passed out from shock, what a surprise, the absolute pussy.