Thalia's Fainting Habit

Artemis sat complacently in her tent as she waited for Thalia to come in. "There you are Thalia, I've been meaning to speak with you." Artemis stated. So far so good, she had the full intention of revealing hers and Percy's romantic involvement with Thalia but the moment her younger demi-god sister came into view, Artemis lost her nerves.

"Are you OK milady?" Thalia asked, seeing the off kilter expression that Artemis had subconsciously placed over herself.

"Yes, it's just that I've become somewhat used to Perseus' presence within the camp and find myself at a loss without him here at the moment." She purposely made her words softer, if she could phrase it right, then hopefully Thalia would figure out that there was an involvement between the two of them. She knew that Atalanta had figured it out, what with being the eldest of the hunters she had an eye for detail when it came to Artemis. She had promised not to say anything to anyone however, not until the truth was common knowledge.

"So have I Lady Artemis. He has become a true friend to us, the entire hunt has actually come to like him. His task to befriend us is more or less complete m'lady. I've spoken to the rest of the hunt about this as well. We were planning on denying it for as long as possible because we want him to stick around." Thalia admitted, her face had grown sad because she believed that now Artemis knew of the hunt's disposition towards Percy, that he would have to leave.

Artemis held eye contact with Thalia for a moment, the fact only barely sinking in, not only had Percy found love in Artemis, but he'd succeeded where no man on earth had before.

"Thalia what I'm about to tell you, you cannot repeat to any living soul. I need you to make an oath on the Styx." Artemis' face was stone cold, she needed Thalia to believe that she was all business about this.

"I swear on the Styx never to reveal what you're about to tell me unless you give me permission to do so." Thalia confirmed. Thunder echoed outside, signaling that the deal was done.

"Thalia I don't think Percy is going to be leaving us anytime soon." She started slyly, watching her lieutenant's face analytically for any sign of betrayal.

"Why is that milady?" She was expressionless but the small glint in her eye held hope.

"Because Percy has become someone that I have come to... Value, highly Thalia. It isn't easy for me to say this you must understand." Artemis was slowing her words and watched as Thalia's eyes widened until they were impossibly big. Thalia slowly clamped both of her hands over her mouth and seemingly froze in place.

"I..." Artemis faltered.

"Thalia I've fallen in love with him." There is was, out in the open and now it could no longer be denied. Artemis, the Goddess of the hunt was in love with a man. Minutes passed with ease as Artemis waited for Thalia to come out of her frozen state but it didn't happen. Soon Artemis began to worry, thinking that she killed her lieutenant from shock. After an hour had gone past Thalia fainted out of her chair.

"Well... Shit." Artemis muttered before fetching some nectar. The golden syrup poured down Thalia's throat and in an instant Thalia opened her eyes and looked up in relief.

"Lady Artemis. Thank the Gods, I just had the weirdest dream." Thalia began as she closed her eyes again.

"You called me to your tent and made me swear an oath, then you told me that you've fallen in love with Percy." She cradled her head which was pounding from reasons that were unknown to her.

"It was such a weird dream but I suppose if anyone was worthy of you milady it would only ever be Perseus." Thalia admitted before she looked back into Artemis' eyes. The Goddess felt so bad for her lieutenant.

"Thalia, you have to be calm about this, but that wasn't a dream. You did swear an oath on the Styx and I was being truthful." Artemis was a lot calmer than Thalia remembered her being and was forced to breathe deep.

"Oh. My. Gods." Was all Thalia said before looking back at her mistress.

"So what happens now?" She asked the question after a while of silence.

"I've told you, my most trusted hunter, but no one else. Perseus hasn't told anyone either." Artemis informed her. Thalia's eyes widened once again.

"Wait, Perseus knows? Are you two actually a couple?" This time, her shock had turned into a very distinct gleefulness.

"Yes, to both questions. Do you know how hard it is to find somewhere safe from the prying eyes of Apollo? You'd think I'd never be able to kiss Percy in an eternity at this rate." Artemis huffed before realizing that she'd very possibly given away too much information.

"You kissed him?" Thalia's eyes had now gotten so wide that Artemis was sure her eyeballs were about to fall to the floor.

"Maybe once or twice." Artemis muttered under her breath as she looked away from her huntress' stare.

"Lady Artemis." Thalia's voice was stern and strict.

"Yes, multiple times. What do you expect? We ARE a couple Thalia." Artemis told her a lot more playfully than when the conversation had started.

"OK, so again, what happens now?"

What was going to happen now? There was a war brewing. The Olympians had closed themselves off from their godly children. Artemis was an exception and was allowed to continue doing her thing so long as she stayed away from both camps for the time being. With the war came a gap, a physical distance between her and Percy while he aided the quest. Artemis was about to curse Chaos for interrupting her dream date but she remembered how pained the Goddess looked at her interruption.

"I truly do not know. Percy has sworn an oath to me which I won't repeat in front of you. I want Percy to stay and he wants to be here, he's starting to see you all as his family and not just his duty. I can convince the council that it is a necessary action until we can reveal why he's really still here. In the mean time you don't need to pretend around him anymore, let him know, he'll be relieved to know that you're not all going to still try to run him through." Artemis smiled at the thought of her love being accepted by her girls.

"Yes milady. When is Percy returning from his duties with Chaos?" Thalia asked. Artemis was confused at first but then she remembered telling Thalia that he was performing Chaos' duties. She hadn't been lying but it wasn't exactly the straight and narrow.

"I truly do not know, but I'll inform you when he's on his return." Artemis commented lightly. She truthfully couldn't wait for him to be physically in her arms one again, this time she would surprise him with a 'date' that he'd never forget.