Mentality Change

"Who dares to enter my throne room without being summoned?" Percy heard a booming voice.

"I heard that you're a queen, t'is a pretty cool title. I'm a champion, mine sounds better than yours!" Percy laughed with glee, obviously enjoying every moment he had to make the queen of the amazons look small.

"You dare to mock me?" She stood threateningly.

"I dare to make personal jest." Percy's face turned to stone and his wings extended out from behind his back, finally catching the rays of the glinting platinum armor that shone around him. It was a strange combination of silver and obsidian black wings. Perhaps he would attempt to create an armor cover for them just as a cosmetic approach. They were already made out of some sort of metal.

"Who are you?" She asked, taken aback by his unearthly appearance. Not many had wings and even fewer could claim the beauty of his.

"OK I think I've finally got it. Ready? I am Percy Jackson, the son of Odin the king and ruler of Asgard and Valhalla. I am the champion of Chaos, the primordial creator of the universe and the void." He let out a slightly sarcastic breathe to let the queen know he was finished.

"I should get that put on a business card... OR not, I like saying it just as much, it's just a mouthful." He said after a moment.

"The Norse Gods haven't faded? Miraculous." Hylla noted with a strange fascination.

"Of course they haven't faded. We have entire kingdoms. When Norse warriors and those who worship us die they don't enter your realms of the Underworld. They are given eternal life in Asgard. They are allowed to live and fight forever in our fields and drink heartily in our mead halls." Percy explained with a proud look in his eye.

"Soon I shall become the ruler of Asgard." Percy muttered.

"Why you, you are but a demi-god, a somewhat hollow claim to the throne is it not? I am a queen, I know how these things work. What of your brothers?" Hylla had a surprising amount of tact for such things. Percy was taken back by her understanding.

"Thor was already given a realm to rule over. This one, he is the son of Odin and Gaea so by rights he shall one day rule over this very realm, resting with the Gods of Olympus. Baldr was the one supposed to rule Valhalla but he died. When a God dies within their own domain, they will not revive, they remain a memory. Váli was born to a giantess and defected, he holds no claim, and so the throne will be passed to me, assuming I survive my encounter with my eldest brother's birth mother." Percy explained. Hylla nodded knowingly.

"Well that explains how the Norse Gods had remained so much longer and stronger than our own. And you are the champion of the primordial creator of the universe. I can imagine that by your Norse standards that would only make your claim stronger. Enough about history that neither of us is interested in. Why have you come demi-god?" She asked, turning to look at the new arrivals. Luke followed by Frank and Hazel walked through with their female escorts.

"Kinzie?"

"They're with the angel." Kinzie explained.

"The angel?" Percy raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, the beautiful one that fell from the heavens." Kinzie said without missing a beat.

"Right... Anyway." Percy felt incredibly awkward. "I'll just get rid of these, takeover guys, this will take a minute." Percy said. His armor parted around his incredibly lean muscled back and he swore that he heard a faint whimper come from Kinzie. Soon enough, and much to the protest of his wings, they were retracted but not before both managed to instill a very painful slapping ceremony on Luke, their favorite prey.

After a minute of everyone watching in fascination, Percy's beautiful wings had reclined into his body and his armor had reformed over his body. "Much better, so where were we?" He asked, looking over to the others.

"You know, without your wings we could easily just incarcerate you." Hylla said with a bored tone. A moment later chains sprung out of the floor and encased Percy who just raised en eyebrow. "Huh, I can't flash away." He said with surprise.

"Yeah, they're pretty cool like that." Kinzie said as she made her way over to Percy.

"Hey, quit it, Luke was right, I'm spoken for- Hey!" Percy shouted as Kinzie made her way around to his rear and pinched his bum. "You know aside from not having wings and being unable to flash around, I AM ridiculously strong, like, Heracles is my bitch kind of strong right?" He asked them seriously as he effortlessly broke through the thick layered golden chains.

"Killjoy." Kinzie huffed in defeat.

"So anyway, getting back on track." Hylla prompted.

"Oh look, a horse!" Percy walked off. Completely bored of the conversation.