Odin Comes

After Percy had finished up his lesson for the hunters, Artemis came over, their business on Olympus could wait no longer. Percy seemed to notice her expression though and simply nodded for her to take over.

"Girls, myself and Perseus are needed right away on Olympus. I do not know what it is that could be so important, but we have been called and they are restless. Thalia you are in charge until I return." Artemis told them before walking over to Percy.

"What's so special about this boy that you have to take him with you for godly business?" A girl from the crowd asked with venom laden in her voice. It seemed that not everyone had just up and accepted Percy from the start. Percy smiled slightly, he knew exactly how to get through to this particular daughter of Ares.

"I'm terribly sorry, but I didn't quite get your name. No matter, you can tell me after we've solved whatever is happening on Olympus. But the reason I go is because I am the strongest of my kind, far stronger than most Greek demi-gods as well. Oh, I also have every weapon known to creation stored within this pole." He told her before twirling it into a huge scythe and handing it to her.

"Look after it for me will you?" He asked with a smirk as the Ares girl fell over and hit the dirt. The hilt of the scythe had trapped her and no matter how hard they tried, she could not get up. "Perseus." Artemis warned but with a glint of amusement in her eyes.

"Oh fine. I'm sorry." He said as he picked the scythe up with on hand and continued to go over to Artemis. She flashed them out of the camp but not straight into the throne room, they were just outside the huge doors that overlooked the city of Olympus. "You know, that scythe is a good look on you. It's just a shame that nobody will ever wield a scythe again because of Kronos' recent attack on the Gods." She frowned. Percy wasn't there for the battle of Manhattan, he was busy trying to break free from his foster parents who had been completely insane, and also now he realized that they were probably Greek monsters, driven mad by his Norse heritage. Their senses couldn't figure out what he was and it sent them all into overdrive.

"Well, now there is. Watch out Olympus." He said with a small smile playing across his lips. He shouldered the blade of the scythe and kept a hold of its handle before Artemis told him to close his eyes. He didn't really want to though, so instead he simply watched in curiosity. She glowed a violent white that at first burned his eyes a little but he got used to it and watched as she took on her godly form.

"When a Goddess tells you to close your eyes, you close your eyes!" Artemis told him angrily but she realized that he wasn't dead by any means. "Yeah, Norse are a bit different from you guys. I will admit though, the change was nothing short of beautiful." He said with that same smile playing on his lips, the very same one that had practically melted Artemis back in the club, and this time he had out right told her that she was beautiful. What was he playing at? He didn't wait to find out, he opened the doors with one hand and little effort involved at all.

Inside there was a strange assembly of Gods. Zeus and Poseidon as there should be. Hera at one side next to her husband. But Poseidon also sat on a throne to Zeus' other side. There were only four Gods present for this meeting, and then they had summoned Artemis and himself.

"Perseus." Poseidon greeted him casually. Artemis knew straight away that if Percy had been a Greek demi-god, then he would no doubt have been a son of Poseidon, those sea green eyes and his laid back attitude just served to remind her of the sea itself.

"Well, just Percy, but you guys are the Gods, so whatever you want." He said as casually as ever, walking up to them and kneeling before each one. Hades was extremely happy to see that he was being recognized and respected.

"We need you to be present in this council meeting because it is unlike any other we have faced in the past. We are convening for a council meeting with many different Gods, and all of them above us. We cannot summon Odin of our free will, but you can. We need him Percy, will you do this for us?" Zeus asked him, clearly not used to having to rely on another being. Percy nodded happily and held his right hand out a little more before the Valknut tattoo glowed white. "Father, I need you." He whispered and a moment later his eyes flared up to that same white lightning blue whisps of smoke that seems to just flow freely from his eyes. Odin appeared in a flash of gold, this time not of a horse, but still with his shield in hand.

"Perseus?" He asked calmly before noticing that he was in the throne room of the Greek Gods once again.

"They asked me to, I assumed you knew why?" He asked his father who concentrated for a solid minute. Once Odin looked up again he nodded at Zeus who signaled the rest of the Olympian council to join them. One by one they all flashed in and Odin was given an honorary throne. Percy funnily enough had to stand. Strangely, he did not stand by his father, instead he stood by Artemis' throne very proudly. He considered himself a part of her hunt and that was all that mattered at this point in time.

"Is there anything you can do to aid us in this?" Zeus asked Odin with respect in every word.

"I'm afraid that Percy is the only aid I am able to give you. We are not as tied by your ancient laws as you are, but I still could not offer godly aid. This battle is yet to remain a fight for your children. Percy's own brothers, are all Gods. A bunch of fool Gods, but still full Asgardians none the less. I would not have them charge head first into battle where their souls could be claimed for interfering with your ancient Greek laws. Percy is able to operate under these and he has already show himself to be more than capable has he not?" Odin looked at the council for any signs of disagreement. Apollo smirked at this, remembering his previous night with the young demi-god.

"Well we have young Perseus, so that's a start. He will at least be enough for us to stand fast against the enemy, but is there nothing else you can do to help?" Poseidon asked, praising Odin briefly.

Odin sighed, and Percy had some inkling of what his father was thinking of doing. "There is one thing but I do not truly know whether it will answer the call." He said cryptically, staring at his feet. That was the first time Percy had ever seen his father afraid to try something.

"We are willing to at least hear the option." Zeus prompted. Waiting intently. Odin stood, his throne vanishing immediately.

"Chaos. The creator of this entire universe. I lost contact with the primordial God some millennia ago. I never had reason to resume contact. But it told me that should a threat ever arise great enough, that it would undertake one young demi-god in order to bestow unimaginable power into them in order to defeat the rising threat. I can only assume that this new threat is great enough for us to take actions such as these?" Odin asked, his one visible eyebrow raised.

"I would say so. We are sitting at the precipice of a new war, one with Tartarus and Gaia, this cannot be overlooked or taken lightly. If Chaos will answer the call and offer the aid, we must take it." Zeus told the council and Odin.

"Chaos will not take any demi-god. It will choose its champion for itself, and that will be that. There is no other way around your ancient laws. The choice to make, is yours alone." Odin told them. They all came up to a unanimous decision.

"Call Chaos." Zeus told him. Odin nodded and that all seeing eye of his seemed to glow and hum slightly behind the black patch. A feeling that Percy had never quite felt in his life washed over him as he felt another godly presence in the throne room. He turned his head to see... Something. It was neither a manifestation of man nor woman but more a swirling mist of purple and black that formed a rough human shell. The mist contained stars and entire galaxies, all being created and destroyed at an even rate. This was creation itself.