No Lesson Plan

When Dionysus had left the satyr and the Aphrodite girl alone, Percy had noticed a new presence within the camp, that must have been the Roman boy. He was tall, not as tall as Percy, but he was still around six two. His short blond hair and blue eyes were a good indication that he was a son of Zeus, well, not Zeus, but rather Jupiter, his Roman counterpart. 'Jason Grace' the name rolled around his tongue until Percy figured out exactly why it struck him as odd. He couldn't possibly be related to Thalia could he? Zeus had fathered two children with the same mortal? Different aspects for each time? Percy felt sorry for that mortal, his inherited knowledge made him understand that for a mortal to have had that intimacy with a God on not one but two occasions must have made her go mental.

Percy was lost in thought when he felt something soft and heavy swat him over the back of the head. He looked towards his left wing which guiltily pointed over to the right wing. "Great, so my own wings are a pair of jokers. Cut it out or I'll retract you, don't think I can't." Percy warned his own wings. Anyone watching must have felt like Percy was the biggest loon going. Chiron chuckled at the sight. He had seemingly warmed up to Percy in their short time together.

Once Percy had made sure that they were completely alone he spoke up with the camp director of sorts. Dionysus was officially that role, but it really was more down to Chiron. "I know about the Romans. I know about Hera's plan involving the Grace boy and the disappearance of Luke. I'm set to go to New Rome tomorrow to introduce myself." Percy told Chiron who nodded gravely at the danger in Percy's words.

"Indeed. It is a very risky plan, one that could easily backfire on the queen of the heavens, but I fear that we are down on our options now. Tartarus and Gaea are both rising and we would not be able to defeat them both on our own." Chiron supplied.

"A close friend of mine had a great sentence for this. She said 'Greek demi-gods and Roman demi-gods will face an impossible threat lead by the only Norse demi-god.' It really brings things into perspective Chiron. I'm only seventeen years old. Three days ago I became new to this world, I was on the run from monsters and was found by Lady Artemis. Time skip a couple of days and I'm in the throne room of Olympus and Chaos has chosen me as her champion." Percy chuckled. Chiron went wide eyed at what Percy had achieved.

"Perseus that is incredible. You must be a very skilled warrior for Chaos to have chosen you straight off the bat. Tell me, would you mind showing off your skills in our Arena for a little bit before you leave for New Rome? Maybe teach a class to the older ones, I know they would appreciate it." Chiron asked him. Percy would never have said no to the ancient trainer.

When Chiron commended him for his progress, Percy had felt like turning around and saying 'Yeah and I also managed to get drunk with Apollo, chased down a high street by Aphrodite, and fell in love with Artemis' but he knew better than to blurt out his antics with the gods.

"Of course Chiron. What would you like me to teach them? Hand to hand, weapons training, the thousands of other combat proficient methods I have picked up recently. Ooh, that Grace lad is a son of Zeus right? I can teach them lightning manipulation." Percy chuckled lightly at his own jokes before Chiron shook his head with laughter.

"Let them decide. I shall gather the elite class and tell them to go to the arena in five minutes. Thank you Perseus." Chiron stood steadily and looked at the Champion of Chaos.

"It's fine, and call me Percy." Was all he said with a wave of his hand before he stood up and walked away over to the big pit of sand near the big house which served to be the arena. It was actually quite a decent arena after all.

Soon enough a decent sized group all piled into the arena where Percy had summoned a chair. He pointed to the first person that walked in. "Name and godly parent." He told them. "Jason Grace, Zeus." He told him. He kept going so that he knew what kinds of students he would be dealing with.

"Piper Mclean, Aphrodite."

"Annabeth Chase, Athena." Percy almost wrinkled his nose at her but kept himself contained.

"Will Solace, Apollo."

"Beckendorf. Hephaestus." Percy had to nod his respects towards the well-built smith. He opted for going by just his last name and that was something that Percy liked.

"Clarisse LaRue. Ares." Percy felt the need to cough the word 'punk' at her, just like her father had when he first entered the throne room, but he decided against it. There were more, but Percy didn't really care past these lot.

"Cool, so whaddya' wanna' learn?" He asked them openly. He stood and waved his hand at the chair and instantly it broke into splinters that melted into the floor and out of sight.

"What, you don't have a lesson plan?" Jason asked him incredulously.

"Look kid, Chiron asked me five minutes ago to show you something to keep your necks intact, and my purpose for coming to this camp sure as hell didn't start out as becoming a substitute teacher for you guys. I'm giving you the opportunity to choose what I teach you." Percy told him coldly. Maybe the tone was unnecessary but it got the point across.

"You're a big guy, how about the best way to take someone your size and speed down?" Annabeth asked, analyzing him with her stormy grey eyes.

"First of all, my speed is nothing short of a God. Second of all, now you're talking. Here's some spears, I have no doubt that many of you have weapons of your own, which you should use if you have them." Percy told them as he waved his hand lazily across the demi-gods. A spear implanted head first in the ground situated itself nicely between each of them. Only a few took up the offered arms. Clarisse had her own electric spear, nice. Annabeth had some sort of crap dagger. Less nice. Jason had a wicked golden gladius that shined with golden light, badass. Piper had the blade that once belonged to Helen of Troy. Percy looked from the blade to it's owner before snorting, "Huh, good luck with that." He chuckled lightly. Percy started the lesson to weary eyes, but soon they would know exactly what they'd been given to help their training.