Chosen

"Chaos. It has been a long time old friend." Odin spoke softly to the swirling mist of mystery. It seemed to have turned its head to Percy's father.

"Indeed." It spoke with both a male and a female voice in perfect synchronization. It was mesmerizing but it seemed that Odin wasn't fazed by this at all.

"I answered the call. I sense there is a great threat. Gaea and Tartarus. These are the primordial Gods that are rising against you? My offer still stand millennia down the line. Is there anybody you would recommend before I chose my champion?" The voice called out. Odin raised an eyebrow.

"My own son, Perseus is a remarkable candidate for such a tremendously arduous duty." Odin said, pointing his hand to where Percy was standing tall and confident. Chaos locked its eyes onto Percy. The swirling mist started to form a face but was quickly reshaped into vapour. It calmly floated over to Percy and gently laid a hand out.

"I would like your permission to become essentially an essence throughout your timeline. It will show me who you are and who you will become. Then I shall decide if you are worthy enough to become my champion." The voice spoke out, considerably softer than before, and this time considerably more female. He nodded and the being of mist engulfed him completely. The pain was unlike anything he had ever encountered before. The vapour broke apart his bones and filtered through his blood before it was all brought back again. After one more agonizing scream that sent him sprawling to his hands and knees the being came back into view.

He lifted his head, still panting heavily and looked up to find a woman with creamy white skin and obsidian black hair that fell behind her all the way down her back. She wore a knee length dress that had her true form hidden in the fabric. Stars and entire galaxies were actively being created and destroyed. It was a true sight of beauty.

"Perseus Jackson, son of Odin. I claim you as my champion, to fight where you must in order to protect the innocent and just." She said with a smile before Percy felt yet another wave of agonizing pressure being put on his bones and his entire being. He managed to stand shakily before glancing around the room, everyone looked frozen in time but upon closer inspection, he noticed that they were all just moving very slowly.

"You need to slow down, your entire being is going at an accelerated pace, calm down." She ordered him softly. Chaos looked at him with a tilted head as everything around him seemed to speed up drastically until it was all at normal pace.

"Why did you chose me lady Chaos?" He asked her with wide eyes.

"I have seen the man you have become, I have seen just how impossible the odds that have been stacked against you, yet you never once gave up, you kept fighting for that single purpose. You kept fighting for her." Chaos said, looking straight into Percy's eyes.

Artemis didn't know what to feel, could she be that one person that Chaos was talking about? She did notice Percy's eyes widen before shooting her a look that if she wasn't already staring at him intensely, she would have missed by all accounts. Was that what she'd meant? It was bad enough when Percy was just a demi-god that had ensnared her interest, but now he was the champion of the primordial God/Goddess for creation, and he was rolling in waves of pure untamed power. She could tell that he had ascended much further than the Gods, what was she to do about him now? She couldn't exactly threaten him with anything, for he was not tied to Tartarus, when he died he would not go there, nor could he be confined in the place if he wished not to. Threatening to kill him wouldn't even be a negative for him, for he would return to rule the kingdom of Valhalla alongside his father.

"Well Percy, it seems to me that your task of proving your worth to the throne has shifted. Good luck my son." Odin told him before beaming out. Chaos was about to do the same before Percy got her attention once more.

"Aside from becoming your champion to protect Olympus during this war, what are my other duties milady?" He asked her before she could disappear. She smiled a little bit, knowing that she had definitely picked the right man.

"I want you to train for the next time there is any threat in my kingdoms. You will also need to bear the gifts of Chaos if you are to perform your duties truly." She said, holding out her hand. Percy glowed a vibrant black before it faded and he was as he appeared to be before.

"And those gifts would be?" He asked her curiously, his eyes wide as he noticed a vapour of black mist dancing happily around his hand and up his arm.

"You have tenfold the powers that all of these Gods do. I will leave it up to you to find out and master each and every one of them. I will visit you once more on Earth before you battle, but as my champion you are ever welcome in my kingdom. Perseus Jackson you will act as the immortal right hand of Chaos in striking down the evil and unjust, go now my champion, I believe that your other mistress needs you back." Chaos told him to which he looked around and realized that they were still in the throne room, all eyes on the watching with a burning curiosity. Chaos smiled before disappearing.

"So... What did she say?" Zeus asked with a stupid look on his face. Percy frowned at that. He didn't speed himself or Chaos up again, they were all there.

"What do you mean? You were right here." Percy asked him incredulously. Zeus still held that blank look for a moment. "Yeah, but it wasn't any language of the Earth. We couldn't understand. As soon as she pointed at you, you both started to speak a language unknown to us." Zeus told him. Percy stared wide eyed before he collected his jaw from the floor. 'We spoke in the language of creation. Do not do it often and not with any being apart from me, the results are dangerous.' Chaos' voice was strong inside his mind and he realized just how extensive these gifts of hers were.

"Where do I start? I'm immortal, but not a God, I'm originally Norse, so even with all of these gifts and powers I still would not be defying your ancient laws in helping with the wars. A moment ago we were speaking in the language of creation, and I'm told that if I ever use that specific tongue without Chaos' presence, things could get dangerous." Percy paused a moment, his hand resting on his head, it was tiring for him to get accustomed to all of these powers at once.

"I apologize but this entire ordeal has been quite painful and utterly tiring. I would not hinder your godly business, so I will wait outside until Lady Artemis is done." Percy said before kneeling in front of the entire council and going to leave.

"But Perseus, that WAS the entire godly business." Zeus told him with a small smile, he was evidently happy with how the meeting of the Gods had turned out, "You are all dismissed." He said before flashing out himself. Percy just looked at Artemis expectantly.

"Ready to go back?" She asked him carefully. Soon enough they were the only Gods left in the throne room. Apollo had wanted to come over and talk to him but Artemis sent him a scolding glare that he took as a sign not to.

"Ready when you are milady." He told her. She laughed at him for a moment, "Through everything that just happened, I hardly think you are still at a position to be calling me milady. Just Artemis to you.

"OK then, Artemis." His smile seemed to have only gained more power over her since he became the champion of Chaos. She let out an almost silent whimper at him, but it was definitely there. He took her hand which shocked her and the next thing she knew they were standing in the dead centre of her camp.

"Huh, that's pretty cool." Percy commented before walking over to where his tent was. Artemis couldn't believe that he'd done all of that and all he could say was 'that's cool' She needed to have some serious words with him about what was going on.