Face Value

The Roman demi-god led the undercover Greek demi-god and the Norse demi-god into her private quarters until it was just them and two metal dogs. Percy stared at them for a few moments, he expected that Luke hadn't even noticed them as he was rather busy eating all of the blue M&M's that were sitting in a bowl on the table.

"Are you going to go hyper after eating those?" Percy asked Luke seriously. Luke looked guiltily from Percy to Reyna. "No.." He told them, his guilty look only getting worse. The two dogs reared up and began barking like Luke was Kronos himself.

"That means he's lying. So again, tell me exactly who you are. These dogs are Aurum and Argentum. They can tell when a person is lying, so if you do lie, then they will more than likely try to eat you. My name is Reyna Ramirez, I am the daughter of Bellona, and praetor of the legion. Your turn." Reyna told them, taking off her helmet Percy noticed that she was definitely good looking, but that was beside the point.

"Luke Castellan, son of Mercury. I woke up in the wolf house three days ago and have no idea who I am." He told her. Reyna seemed to study Luke carefully for a moment.

"How do you know that you're a son of Mercury?" She asked him. Luke had a proud smile at this question. "I walked into a shop with three dollars. I came out with eight kilos of food and goods. I am definitely a son of Mercury." He wore his crimes like a badge of honor. Little seemed to bother him. Reyna seemed happy with Luke's explanation of things, especially since he had a recommendation from Juno herself.

"You, mystery man. Winged angel of some sort. Explain this, all of it, I've realized that you two aren't actually with each other, despite how chummy you seem to be." Reyna told Percy with narrowed eyes. Percy couldn't help but grin at that, "Yeah, we'd totally be bros." He fist bumped Luke who didn't miss a beat.

"Like I said, my name is Perseus Jackson, but I prefer to go by Percy. I am the son of the Norse god Odin, the all father of Asgard and Valhalla. I have been on the run for much of my life and only became aware of the Gods presence in this world a short time ago. I was found by Lady Diana and her huntresses when I killed a Cyclops with nothing but a rogue lightning bolt that I stole from the sky. From there I was taken to the other Gods. I was claimed by my father officially and have been serving Lady Diana ever since. I was chosen by Chaos to become her champion to aid you in the rising war between Tartarus and Gaea. They are both rising and have the intention of destroying you all before destroying your parents in turn." It was a miniature speech to the praetor but the dogs were happy and content with Percy's words.

"It's not often we get aid from Primordials, but then again, it's not often that we get invaded by Primordials. Castellan, we'll get you a bunk with Johnathon Corvo until you can get enrolled with a cohort, you're dismissed for now." Reyna told him. Luke wasn't a fool, he knew right away that Reyna wanted to talk with Percy privately. He nodded his head towards his new praetor and waved at Percy.

"I'm not going to lie, we've been face down in shit for quite a while. Attacks on the camp would last days because of the fact that Tartarus was allowing their minions to roam freely straight out of the doors of death. But you, the power you have caused that Gorgon to fade completely. You cold single handily win this war." Reyna stared at him with something that Percy suspect was a little more than simple admiration.

"Unfortunately, that isn't true. I was bluffing. True enough I did make the Gorgon disappear but she'll be back no doubt. My power is acting up since Tartaros has become a part in this war. Where my power would destroy the monsters root to life, I cannot because to achieve that I would have to be strong enough to destroy each and every monster in existence alongside that of Tartarus. I am simply not strong enough to pull off a feat of that magnitude. I'm sorry but until Tartarus is dealt with, these monsters will continue to rise. That being said, my power will kill the monsters with the same effect as normal, they will return to Tartarus where they will be forced to reform." Percy explained. Reyna took all of this in with a great interest. There was something about this man which just spoke volumes about him, it wasn't the way he took everything in with a single glance or even the confidence, no, there was something else that Reyna couldn't quite put her finger on.

"Well, for the duration of your stay you are an honorary member of the legion. Welcome, you hold more power here than I do. You're practically our second praetor." She explained as her face went soft at the term. It was evident that the boy Hera took and placed in the Greek camp was the old praetor, Jason Grace. Percy not only had to be careful not to reveal anything about the Greeks and Romans, but now he had to be careful what he told the hunt, for he now knew of Thalia's younger brother. She would no doubt put Percy through hell for not telling her sooner.

"Thank you very much Reyna, but I think my duties with Lady Diana will call me away before the night descends upon us fully. Though I do extend an offer. If you comprise a class of your most elite fighters, I am willing to train them for one day." Percy explained. There was no way Reyna was missing an opportunity like that, she jumped up immediately. "I'll get right onto that. If you meet us on the field of Mars we can do a session before our regular siege games." Percy nodded, he so hoped that they would allow him to participate in that, Octavian would be his only target, the loud mouthed buffoon.