The Asgardian's Archery

"Does this feel like cheating to you guys?" Frank asked, finally breaking the long and awkward silence that had crept up upon them. The big demi-god turned his head to face Percy mostly. It was Frank's quest but no matter what their objective, he would always look to the son of Odin for acknowledgment that they were doing the right thing.

"Why would you say that?" Hazel asked him curiously. Tearing her eyes away from the rapidly moving seascape.

"Well so far we've not encountered any monsters of any kind and we've been sitting comfortably in a speed boat for the last couple of hours." Frank sounded disappointed by this.

"It's because smaller monsters have been chased off by the bigger ones. I cannot hide my scent. I am not a God, immortal yes, but still not a God. My scent is like nectar and ambrosia to monsters, so the bigger they are, the more they want. Thus no lesser monsters are willing to risk trying to kill us for fear of what their far greater comrades will do." Percy explained calmly. Luke could tell that his air of confidence was waning when it came to the safety of the demi-gods.

"So on one hand you're incredibly powerful and its great having you help us along on our quest." Luke began and Percy immediately saw where the lad was leading the conversation, and he was absolutely right.

"And on the other hand all of the monsters that we will face will be incredibly powerful, yes. That is correct." Percy suddenly snapped his head towards the water. Luke continued to drive the boat but he was worried about what could have caught Percy's attention.

"And here's our first challenge. They're really throwing everything they've got at us aren't they?" Percy was talking to himself. Frank and Hazel looked on in horror at the realization that Percy could very well be mental. A small grin formed around Percy's face before his complexion dropped and he paled a deathly white.

"What is it Perce?" Luke asked, more to get a response than to actually know. He instinctively brought the boat closer to mainland.

"It seems that our enemies have made another incredibly powerful ally. We no longer wage war solely against Gaea and Tartarus. Hydros has joined their cause. I suspect that he will try to convince Pontus to aid them as well. We need to get to mainland now. That Kraken can swim a lot faster than this boat can move." Percy told them without a trace of sarcasm. They all looked at Percy waiting for him to turn around and start laughing but he did no such thing.

"I know what we can do to cause some sort of distress, the only downside is that the last time I tried this I nearly shot Apollo out of the sky." Percy grinned as he pulled on Yggdrasil, the watch morphed into a miraculously formed metal bow that looked alive. Percy quickly closed his eyes and thought about words forming inside his girlfriends mind.

'Oh great Artemis, Goddess of the hunt and archery and other things that I as her romantic interest should know.' He was trailing, that wasn't good.

'What are you after Percy? You're attempts at buttering up a Goddess need some improvement.' Percy heard Artemis' voice as clear as day ring through his mind.

Percy focused on an image of his grinning face so that Artemis could see his mischievous smirk clearly. 'Percy? What are you doing?' She asked him testily. His next sentence would make or break the crisis and possibly break Apollo's solar chariot in the process.

'Great Goddess, guide my arrow' He only just managed to resist the urge to laugh.

'Perseus no! Wait!' She practically begged but his mind had already moved onward. He drew back the string of his bow and after a deep breath and a few intense seconds as he waited for the immense power to emerge from the depths of the sea, it happened. The shot rocketed forwards faster than the speed of the boat. The projectile stayed parallel to the water's surface as it created a physical divide in the waves as the air pressure being thrown out because it had only continued to rise. The arrow accelerated before dipping slightly and hitting the water.

"Oh shit." Percy deadpanned, already seeing the problem. He extended his wings and got ready to undo his mess. Jumping straight off of the boat he heard the cries of protest from the other three but their problems were only trivial compared to what Percy had just done. Right as his arrow hit the water it skimmed and because of the power he'd accidentally put behind that shot, it flew straight off of the water and into the sky. Higher than the clouds his arrow soared until he heard the unmistakable sound of an Asgardian arrow penetrating a sun chariot cleanly.

"Fuck, Apollo! I'm sorry!" Percy shouted in vain. He saw a small solar flare darting to the water's edge. A fiery Maserati was on an impact course with the sea, a very angry sun God was sat arms folded in the driver's seat holding a silver arrow. Percy's silver arrow.

"Apollo, I can fix your chariot, honest! Let me just quickly kill this Kraken." Percy shouted at him. He heard no words but he got a visible middle finger from the poetic God before the Maserati crashed into the waves.

'You're lucky I'm on good terms with Uncle Poseidon.' Percy heard Apollo's voice inside his mind before nothing else. Percy cringed at the severity of his shot before willing his wings to dive-bomb the surfaced Kraken.

"You. You overgrown octopus, your impending threat caused me to take that shot, it's your fault the sun chariot is rapidly sinking. You- You deserve to be in a paella dish right now!" Percy screamed in frustration as he pulled his wings in close and spun his body in a spiral before extending his wings. The crash into the waves was enormous. A miniature tidal wave of seawater and Kraken blood was sent sprawling forwards. To the mortals it would probably appear as an oil spillage, but Percy knew better, Percy knew that it was actually the evidence that as of this day he hated sea monsters far more than any other. Instead of resurfacing he continued to swim underwater until he found the angry sun God. He hefted the car to the surface and made some alterations.

Pretty soon the sun chariots was up and running again. "Hey, you know I can actually improve the engine on this thing if you want." Percy offered, he felt like he owed Apollo something.

"Maybe another time Perce, you've fixed the damage and it's in the past, right now I believe you're on a quest, so better get to it." Apollo pointed out with a grin as Percy nodded in agreement. It only took him ten minutes to catch up to the speed boat. He'd fallen from near orbit where the sun chariot usually rested.

"What the hell just happened?" Luke asked as Percy gracefully landed back on the boat.

"Oh you know, the usual. Just squabbling with Apollo about his dysfunctional car." Percy grinned at the incredulous looks they were giving him.

"I still don't believe that you're friendly with the Gods." Luke grunted under his breath. He felt a sharp slap form Percy's wing hit him across the back of his head.

"And could you tell your wings to stop doing that? It's getting annoying." Luke cursed.

"Actually, that was me." Percy answered him before Luke felt a repetition of the head slapping.

"THAT one was the wings." Percy told him innocently before turning his gaze back to the destruction. Gaea was rising, Tartarus was already sending his forces to intercept Percy and now Hydros had it in for him. He'd sent his best in early and now that the Kraken had been demolished, the fight was personal. Percy could feel that Hydros would be watching him eagerly from now on. He'd have to act fast and try to get Chaos to realign herself so that she could persuade Pontus not to take part in this war. If it was Hydros and Pontus then Percy knew that they would target Poseidon and weaken Olympus greatly. He hoped that it wouldn't come to that.