The Problem with Bows

"Percy what just happened?" Artemis asked wide eyed. Percy looked around and admired the suit of impeccable armor that had formed perfectly around his body. It stopped at his neck but had plates for the chest and shoulders.

"I just officially got claimed, Lady Artemis. I, Percy Jackson son of Odin, claim the armor of the Leviathan and the ancient Yggdrasil." Percy said before the weapon in his hand glimmered into a sword that curved outwards halfway through the blade before he slammed it into the ground. Another lightning bolt came down and struck him but it seemed that it had no effect on the demi-god. He stood once again, the sword morphed back into what seemed like a spear. It was a glimmering metal that Artemis didn't recognize as being Olympian.

"Well that's really something. So what does that make you, the prince of the universe?" Thalia asked once again, this time she showed absolutely no resentment towards Percy but excitement for him to be with the hunt. Artemis couldn't believe it, already her lieutenant was showing acceptance of him and it had been less than two hours.

"No, I doubt it. Prince of Asgard and heir to the throne eventually. But first I must prove myself worthy to hold the title. That task lies firstly with getting each and every one of you to accept me. I've taken enough of your time. Lady Artemis?" Percy told them before standing slightly away from the fire. Artemis couldn't believe how casual and calm Percy was taking the entire situation. The Norse way for a God claiming a demi-god child it seemed was far removed from the Greek way. The child would simply have the symbol of their godly parent hover over their head for a moment before it was wide knowledge, the Asgardians had it entirely different. A suit of armor and a weapon who's power caused Artemis to want to stay away from Percy entirely.

"Right, that about wraps things up here. Like I said, Percy here is an exception to our rules about males, no purposely attacking him, I'm not sure that even our entire camp would be able to stop him should one of you make a rash decision. In the morning we've got a special training session planned. And Perseus here has volunteered himself to be a dummy." Artemis smiled evilly.

"Percy." Percy muttered under his breath, only the goddess noticed this but she said nothing. The girls all cheered and went to bed while Percy decided to go and find a suitable spot to claim as his own. Ten minutes later and he'd settled on creating an elevated pitch for a shelter next to the creek. He had picked out a lofty embrace within two trees on which he'd hung several canopies of leaves. A faint rustle somewhere below him made him notice the godly presence nearby.

"Percy." He heard Artemis' voice call out. He dropped down gracefully, landing next to her with a soft thud. "Yes milady." He said with a deep bow. He couldn't see it, but the bow had caused Artemis to faintly smile, but she knew to let it go before he saw.

"I want to train with you so that I know your skills myself before I plunge you into the deep end with the hunters. If I know what you're capable of, I can gauge a training exercise that will test both you and my hunters, first things first, archery." Artemis told him. She noticed that he immediately paled.

"But I can't shoot. Like, I REALLY can't shoot." He argued, but he sighed when the stern look on the Goddess' face told him that he wasn't going to get out of it as easily as that. Archery it was. Artemis herself pulled out a silver bow with a wooden grip. They followed the creek downstream until they came to a more secluded part of the forest.

Because of this ridiculous challenge that Zeus had bestowed upon them, Artemis found herself alone in the company of a male with a weapon in both of their hands and as of yet she hadn't killed him. This wasn't doing well for her reputation.

"The tree over there, I want you to pin this target on it." She said, holding up a target that had a red circle crudely painted on it.

"Where did you get that? I didn't notice you carrying it." He said with confusion before he accepted the wooden board and made his way over to the tree.

"I conjured it up. It was made earlier today, stop asking questions. We've only got all night before you need to be rested enough to dodge arrows flying at terminal velocity." Artemis quipped with a smirk. Great, he thought to himself, his working day was going to be so much fun now.

Once the target was pinned he returned. "Where is your bow and arrows?" Artemis asked him incredulously. Pulling her own bow into her hands. The twelve year old was showing him up badly. He grunted before shaking his spear in an odd way before it melded into glimmering metal before expanding outwards forming a beautiful bow.

"What metal is your weapon made from Perseus?" She asked him curiously, taking sight of it for the first time.

"I don't think it's made out of any metal. The weapon is a manifestation of Yggdrasil, the tree of life. You are welcome to try but before I would hand it to you, it should be placed on the ground. Any who are unworthy simply cannot carry it and would be crushed under its weight." Percy told her. The Goddess went wide eyed.

"Really? How much does it weight?" She asked stupidly. Before trying to pick up the bow. It was evident that after a few minutes, she simply could not pick it up.

"I truly do not know. Probably about three hundred billion tonnes. That seems around the range of power it beholds." Percy explained before picking the bow up with one hand. "Anyway, onto the archery. Prepare to be shocked, I don't expect to ever be using this bow again just so you realize the gravity of how bad I am." He explained to the Goddess who sighed. He pulled back the string on his bow and before Artemis could stop him because his stance was all wrong, the legendary weapon fired and a lightning fueled arrowhead soared into orbit way above them, narrowly missing blowing up the moon.

"Yeah, no, turn that thing back." Artemis demanded straight away. It was evident that if he was able to miss an un-moving ground target and nearly hit the moon instead, that he should never practice with something that powerful before learning at least the basics.

"Hmm, maybe I'll get Thalia to teach you tomorrow after your thrashing." Artemis smirked at him. Percy groaned before they made their way back up the creek and to the hunter encampment.

A/N: Hey guys, I'm remastering this so if you're new to this story and don't see an author's note like this, then you've gone past the point where I've remastered the chapters. Enjoy.

If you feel like supporting my other hobby, you can come and watch me play a load of games, often swearing like a sailor in the process. Check it out. /channel/UCuR41yuScY68Z7r84rp0nZg