Generals

Artemis had let her curiosity get the better of her and within the blink of an eye, she had lost sight of Percy. She cursed her inability to lose track of the now ascended God. "What might you be looking for my lady?" A beautiful young woman asked her. She held a proud tone and respect that Artemis didn't think she would have from day one.

With a sigh she looked a the beautiful women standing in front of her. "Obviously I do not know my way around our city as well as my future husband does. I seem to have lost track of him." Artemis explained. The woman rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I know where he is. You can HEAR them if you try hard enough." The woman sighed. Artemis didn't understand to begin with, but as she listened closer sure enough the sounds of fighting came loud and clear to her trained ears.

"He's at it again? This is what happened when I left his side the last time I was visiting Asgard." Artemis exasperated. Surely he couldn't keep this up every day they were to live here? But then again, it was Percy in question.

"Come milady. I shall lead you to our King." The young woman told her as she took Artemis' arm in hers. Artemis couldn't help but smile at the kindness they were all showing her.

"Thank you. What is your name?" Artemis asked her temporary companion as they walked through the streets.

"But you already know my lady. Trust me on that." The young woman continued to beam at her until they walked into what Artemis would have assumed to be stables, but as it turned out, was some sort of godly fight club. In the center of a ring of men that were chanting and cheering was a humongous man and a slightly smaller but much more muscled man with amazing obsidian black wings that seemed to wander freely through second and third dimensions.

"Our king fights his most trusted generals to prove their worth on the battlefield. Plus, growing up Perseus was always..." The woman hesitated slightly, "And angry man. He had an insatiable lust for action. Until he was sent to mudguard. During that time we were kept updated on our future king. From being captured by a Goddess, to capturing said Goddesses' heart. Now months down the line you're to be our Queen." The young maiden explained as though it was just a casual conversation.

"And what, he still has the same lust for fighting that he used to?" Artemis asked her in pure shock.

"No milady. He has calmed down almost completely from what he used to be. I understand that we have you to thank for that. We are all Vikings by heart and blood, and we respect power, but we need a Queen that can keep our King in check. Lord Perseus is without a doubt one of the most powerful beings in the universe, his lust for fighting was quelled immediately when he met you." The maiden continued to explain.

"I guess we shall see how well I can perform my duties then." Artemis smiled.

"Perseus." She said loudly, the fight immediately stopped. The huge man looked brutally beaten and Percy was sweating slightly, but otherwise absolutely untouched.

"There are ladies present." She was initially addressing his toplessness, but soon found herself too engrossed in his rippling body to complain about it any further.

"That there are, but in my defense there weren't any ladies present when we began. Aside from this one." Percy pointed to his opponent and immediately the fighting grounds were turned upside down with the roar of laughter from the men. The huge fighter kneeled slowly.

"My lady. It is good that we have a King that jests so easily and comes down to fight with the men. It boosts morale greatly." He spoke with such respect that once again, Artemis was shocked by her people.

"Yes, he has a way with people it seems. He has even managed to get my father to like him." Artemis responded with a smile.

"My lord, is she referring to Greeks?" The big man asked, turning to Percy.