14.

Olivia's POV:

"My mum always says a good tea makes everything better" Brad said handing me a cup of tea as I sat on the stall chair in the kitchen.

"Thank you, Brad"

"So where's Joe tonight then?" He asks.

"Out with his bitch of a girlfriend" I rolled my eyes.

"Why don't you like Laura.. I mean I've only met her a thew times but she's seems harmless" Brad shrugged.

"Let's just say me and my family where going through I crisis and Joe left us and moved here with her"

"Crisis? What'd you mean by crisis?"

"you don't need to know" It wasn't that I didn't trust Brad it was more of the fact that I still didn't know him! I got up and started walking back into my room to remove myself from the situation.

"Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" I stopped and turned around.

"Start to open up and then think against it and run back behind that wall you've got up.. it's really quite exhausting" he laughed.

"Well I never asked you to investigate my life!" I fold my arms growing angry with Brad.

"Sorry I find you interesting!" He laughs again.

"Stop laughing!"

"Your a psycho!" He laughs again and walks away from me. I look down at the cup of tea in my hand and speed walk behind him grab his wrist to stop him from moving and throw the contents of the cup over his chest.

"AH! Fuck! Why'd you do that!" He shouts.

"I-I'm sorry I-I don't know what came over me" I said feeling embarrassed by my sudden outburst. He doesn't say anything instead he walks over to the fridge and pulls out a bottle of ketchup.

"Oh yeah and I didn't mean to do this!" He shouts and squirts the bottle of ketchup all over me.

"BRAD!" I scream and laugh at the same time, we both end up running round the kitchen grabbing food and chucking it at each other for a good half hour before we look about and see the kitchen is covered in food and empty wrappers.

"Holy fuck" Brad laughed and bit his lip at the same time.

"I think it looks better to be honest" I said making both of us laugh. We laid down together on the sofa exhausted from all the running.

"Look, I'm sorry for calling you a psycho and trying to pry on your personal life.. you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to" he smiled genuinely at me.

I took a deep breath in. "I was 16" I said as quite as possible in hope he wouldn't hear me, but he did.

"What?"

"In that video, I was 16.. my dad had taught me how to play piano when I was younger and I guess I fell in love with it because he was so in love with it, when it was leading up to the end of last year at school my dad was convinced that no normal college or sixth form would be good enough for me" I chuckle. "So he applied for all these high end theatre schools for me, that video was my last performance of the term at one of the schools. I didn't go back there after that" my eyes darted down to my hands that where playing with the laces to one of my Doc Martins.

"Whys that?"

I open my mouth to answer but before I could open up to Brad and tell him the things I've been denying for so long.. Joe walked in.

Shit.

"Liv.. I'm bac-" he stopped as he looked over at the kitchen.

"oh.my.god... what have yous done" he said breathlessly out of shock.

"Okay.. Joe first thing you need to know is that this wasn't Brad fault.. okay it was mine he had nothing to do with it" I said, Joe looked over at my shoulder to Brad and back at me with soft eyes.

"Liv.. it's cool, the cleaning lady is coming over tomorrow anyway, why don't you head off to bed, it's late" he said kissing my cheek.

"Just promise me you won't blame Brad for this!" I said more stern.

"Okay okay I promise! Now get to bed you've work in like 3 hours" he laughed shoving me off to my room.

"Thanks for tonight Brad.. I really needed it" I smiled at him and I could tell by the way he was looking at me that he knew I meant more then just taking me out for a drink. I kissed his cheek that was covered in food and walked into my room.

Brads POV:

"Joe listen to me.. I'm so sorry for all of this I'll pay to get it cleaned-" I rambled.

"What did yous do tonight?" He asked with a curios face.

"Went out for a drink with Tristan and Connor, she said you'd be alright with it"

"Then what did you do?"

"Nothing just came back here, we watched one of her performance videos then just had an unintentional food fight"

"She watched this?" Joe asked as he leant down by the TV and grabbed the case.

"Well she kinda caught me watching it and freaked out abit"

"Look Brad.. I think it's great your trying to help Liv feel welcome and that but she's here to focus on herself not for a romance"

"Of course.. yeah I get that Joe.. she's told me herself"

"Yeah but sometimes with Olivia, she can say one thing and mean another"