Lin/Vanessa - Pregnant With Abi

Abi here, this is an AU of if Abi was born to Lin and Vanessa. It begins in 1999. Also, there are some inaccuracies, for instance I say he quit his teaching job in 05, when it was actually '02 - '03 so... yeah...

Lin's POV

"Darling?" I heard my newly wed wife's voice from the doorway to our living room, she was biting her lip a bit, and rocking back and forth on her feet.

"Mmhm?" I looked up from the paper I was writing for class, to smile at her. (T: FETUS LINORAD)

"I have news!" She shrugged nervously fiddling with a small white stick in her hand, "I, um, well, I'm pregnant." She smiled.

"What?" My eyes widened with excitement, "are you serious? We're gonna have, we're gonna have a kid?" I asked, jumping up, leaving the desktop on.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, and I ran over to her, and picked her up, spinning her around.

"V! This, this is great news! There's a little person in you, we're gonna be parents! You're gonna be a mom!" I peppered my wife's face with little kisses, and pulled her back to our gray couch.

"I know!" She giggled, and then I kissed her stomach.

"I love you Peanut." I whispered, and she broke out laughing.

"Lin? Peanut?"

"Mmhm." I nodded, happily.

"Is that what we're naming our child?"

"No! Of course not, but right now, our little child is a peanut, so I shall refer to it as such."

"I married a dork." She sighed.

"Yeah, yeah you did, I'm done writing for now," I sighed, "I just have to save this." I popped up from the couch, and saved the essay. "How's about we go to bed?"

"Sounds amazing." She smiled at me.

"Actually." I bit my lip, scooping her into my arms, "my show is going really well, I'm probably going to get to do it next year." I said.

"That's good!" She smiled.

"Mmhm. I'm excited. I'll start casting next semester." I shrugged, "Anyways, we're gonna be parents. We're gonna be a mom and a dad. I'm just, this is the best news, I'm so happy, Vanessa this is amazing, we're gonna be parents!" I squeaked a little, and my wife laughed and I slipped under our comforter.

"I love you." She sighed, laughing.

"I love you too, and I love the little Peanut we made." I tickled her stomach lightly, and she batted my hand away, then climbed in next to me.

"Goodnight sweetheart." She whispered.

"Night." I sighed, and kissed her cheek, before drifting off with my arm around her.

•••

Four months later, Vanessa and I were at the doctors to have an ultrasound. The doctor was sitting at a computer, one hand on the mouse, the other moving a small camera like device over V's stomach.