Abi/Kev/Hunter - Baby Shower

"Kevie!" I called through our apartment, as our daughter started crying, "can you grab her?" I asked.

"I'm already on it, sweetheart." He said, and I peeked my head into the living room, where he stood in a black sweatshirt, bent over her crib. "Come here little one." I heard him say, lifting her into his arms, "Daddy's got you now." I smiled a bit, seeing him bounce her slightly, and seeing her reach up towards his face. "What's Mommy working on?" He asked Hunter, walking over to where I stood, standing on a chair, decorating for a baby shower.

"I'm hanging pink streamers." I announced, pinning a streamer up into the wall.

"Fun, fun, you said there'd be cake? Right?" He clarified, and I laughed.

"Mmhm, it's being delivered." I laughed. "Don't act like you wanted me making it."

"Darling, your cooking isn't that bad. Okay? Seriously, I'm sure you can pull off cake." He reassured me.

"Yeah, but I can't pull off frosting, so, I ordered the cake. Can you help me down?" I asked, standing still on one of our dining room table chairs, which wobbled a little bit.

"Mmhm." He took my hand in his right hand, shifting Hunter to his left arm. I stepped off of the chair carefully. "Atta girl." He smiled at me.

"Thanks." I smiled at him, "now why was my little girl crying?" I asked, switching to my baby voice, as I scooped my daughter up from Kevin's arms into mine.

"I don't know, she j-" my husband started, and I cut him off.

"I was not talking to you." I said, pressing my index finder to his lips, my gaze transfixed on Hunter, who was sucking on her blanket. A smile spread over my face, as Kevin lightly kissed my finger.

"As I was saying," he said, "I think she just needed her pacifier." He pointed out, reaching over and pulling the corner of the pink blanket she was wrapped in, out of her mouth, and replacing it with a white pacifier. His arm slipped around my waist, and stood next to me, watching our daughter happily.

"Oh! That must be the cake." I said, as I heard a knock on the door. I walked over to the door, and swung it open to see my parents, and younger brother standing there. "Mom? Dad?" I asked.

"Oh, are we early?" My dad asked, "Hunter!" He squealed, "my little granddaughter, oh aren't you just getting bigger every day." As he said that he had managed to scoop Hunter up from my arms, and walked her over to the couch, where he now sat, lightly tickling her stomach.

"We came to help a little." My mom shook her head, laughing at her husband, "how're you holding up?" She asked, giving me a hug.

"We're great, Mom." I said.

"Mmhm." Kevin smiled, coming up next to me. He lightly kissed my temple, "we're great." He sighed, rubbing my arm. "Hey little man! Sup?" I giggled a little, as my husband greeted my brother.

"Stop trying to be cool." Sebastian shook his head lightly, "my sister's way out of your league." He jokingly said, rolling his eyes, then smiled at me.

"Ditto that my brother." Kevin said, "well, in law."

"Seriously, Kevin," Sebastian started, "you need to stop." Seb lightly patted Kevin's arm, as he walked into my kitchen.

"Abigail. I'm gonna need you to fight him for me." Kevin said.

"I need to fight to defend your honor?" I asked.

"Mmhm."

"Darling, he's twelve, I think you need to let this one slide, be a big, strong man, and don't make your wife beat up kids." I gently rubbed his arm, "can you do that? Be a big, strong, man?" I asked, teasingly, then kissed his jaw.