Abi/Thayne - Day Out

(Written by ayeimalexa )

Abi's POV

Senior year was everything but fun, and I was at the point where you'd hear back from the colleges you applied to. My dream college, NYU Tisch, hadn't sent anything out yet. One Sunday afternoon I was sitting in my dad's dressing room, stressing about college acceptance. The matinee show had just ended, and in popped Thayne.

"Hey Lin, do you know where- oh, hey Abi!" He said, realizing I was sitting on the couch. He walked over towards me, then just examined my appearance.

"Abs, you'd be lying to me if you told me you're not stressed. What's on your mind?" Thayne asked, taking a seat next to me.

"I, I'm just really really stressed. Everyone is getting their letters of acceptance from their dream college and I haven't gotten anything yet. I probably didn't even get in." I explained, breaking down into a further mess than I already was. Thayne gave me a pat on the back, then said,

"Abi, you've gotta look at it differently. I know, it's really really hard, but believe me, you're in. Your dad would've fired me if I wasn't making sure you were improving over the course of all these years. Now go and freshen up while I get out of costume, we're having a Thayne and Abi day!"

"Wait, what? Really?" I asked, surprised he'd want to spend a whole day with me.

"Yes, of course! It'll be so much fun!" He exclaimed skipping away. I headed over to the bathroom to fix my messy hair and wash my sleepy looking face.

I opened one of the drawers beneath to sink and grabbed the straightener and brush that I kept as spares. I detangled my knotty hair, then straightened it. I was kind of bored with it being down, so I braided a small section of my hair, then pulled it all back into a ponytail. Once I was all done with that, I put my tools back in the drawer and pulled out a face wash that I stole from Groff. I put it on my face, waited three minutes, then washed it off with cold water. I heard a knock on the door, so I opened it up then hopped out. Thayne closed the door, then asked,

"Are you all set?" I gave him a nod, then followed him to my dad's dressing room.

"Lin, I'm kidnapping your daughter for the rest of the day. I'll buy her food and stuff, bye!" He explained, peeping his head through the minimally opened door, then walked away. I followed him out an exit that wasn't the stage door, and into the streets of New York City.

"Alright, first stop is..." Thayne trailed off, thinking.

"Thayne? What's our first stop?" I asked him, since he hadn't said where yet.

"Abi I was waiting for you to fill in the blank, ugh, you're too adorable. Where do you want to go?" He asked, leaving the floor open to do whatever I'd like.

"Hmm, I don't know. I just don't want you spending money on me, so wherever you don't have to do that, really." I responded, not wanting him to waste his money on me.

"Abi, I'm spending money on you whether you want me to or not. We need lunch, and I'll buy you some things from stores if you see anything you like. Sound good?" He asked, wanting me to confirm the plan.

"Yeah, but you don't need to get me lunch. I'm not really that hungry and food in the city is pretty expensive if you know what I-" Thayne cut me off and said,

"Please eat something, for me?"

I looked into his sad yet very serious eyes then gave in with a nod. Thayne cheered, then dragged me across the city.