Hunter (Part 2)

Kevin's POV

I had just gotten home for the day, I dropped my keys into the little dish by the door, when I saw Hunters head nuzzled into her boyfriends neck, they were snuggled up on the couch. I sighed a bit, I didn't like him, I don't think it was because he was dating my daughter necessarily, I mean, he just rubbed me the wrong way.

"Hey Mr. Alvarez." He smiled at me, as I walked by the couch, and I noticed that Hunter was sleeping. "Sorry, she conked out about fifteen minutes ago."

"Oh, it's fine, do you want something to drink?"  I asked, putting my hand on my hip.

"Nah, I'm good." He held up one of our glasses with soda in it.

"Alright, oh! Baby girl." My gaze softened as I saw a bruise on Hunters cheek. I quickly walked over to the couch, and saw another on her jaw. "What happened? Did..." I trailed off, glaring at her boyfriend.

"Oh, no! Uh, she, she got into a fight."

"Really?" I asked, shocked, "Cupcake." I sighed.

"Uh, if she's not gonna wake up, I should, I should leave." He grabbed his backpack, and swung it on. "I'll see you later." He waved a bit, and left the apartment.

I sighed, and moved his soda, with ice, off of the wooden coffee table, onto the cloth runner, then carefully picked Hunter up. I looked at her sadly, and carried her into her bedroom. I set her on her unmade bed, and pulled the blankets over her. I left her room to grab an ice pack, and when I came back she was awake.

"Dad? You're home?" She asked. "Why the ice?"

"Oh, um, you, uh, Eric told me about the fight you got into at school." I shrugged, "are you okay? What happened?" I sat down on her grey bed.

"Huh? Oh, the bruises, yeah, I'm okay. Where is he?" She looked around her room quickly.

"Oh, he left. Hey, did you at least rough the other kid up?" I joked, lightly bumping her shoulder.

"No, I'm not really a fighter." She laughed, "did you expect me to? Look at my parents, I don't really have 'fighter' blood."

"Yeah you do." I sighed, "your mom's pretty tough. She's a fighter." I tousled Hunters hair. It looked like A's. I mean, Hunters hair was considerably darker, as she was half Hispanic, but it looked just the same when it fell in waves.

"Really?" Hunter laughed a little, "I'd like to see Mom in a fight."

"I'm not saying your mother ever sent anyone to the hospital, other then me when she hasn't had her coffee and I'm making too much noise getting ready at four and I accidentally wake her and she yells at me to go to work..." I trailed off after that run on digression, then went back on track. "What I'm saying Cupcake, is there are different kinds of fighting, and your mother is the toughest woman I know, other than maybe, her mother, who might fall into the other more physical category."

"Abuela?" Hunter asked, laughing.

"Yes." I laughed as well, "once when I was dating your mom, I got into a car accident on the way to pick her up, and I was a half hour late, and when I finally got there, I opened the door, and her mom quickly came over to me, pushed me out the apartment, and yelled at me about respect and respecting her daughter."