Kev/Hunter - Wicked

"Okay, I actually have to go now, Kev." My wife sighed a little bit, leaning over and kissing me on the cheek. "Remember, get there about 45 minutes early, and buy Hunter glasses or a kids t-shirt or a doll or something."

"Of course I will, Love. Don't worry about it." I laughed a little.

"She might get scared, so, um, hold her on your lap? Afterwards, just um, come around to the backstage door inside, it's to the right, wait, your left, to the left of the auditorium, tell Rikki your name, you and Hunt should be on the list. If you're not, text me and I'll be out soon, but I'll double check though."

"Abigail." He stopped me, "I am a functional adult. We both decided you needed to do this show so that you can take a step away from becoming a soccer mom."

"Hunter will never play a sport as long as she lives." I laughed.

"Okay lovey, go, go." I laughed, kissed her, then shuffled her out the door.

"MAMA!" I heard Hunter yell, toddling into the room.

"Hi pumpkin." Abigail giggled, scooping up our daughter. "I have to go now, but I will see you soon dearie." She kissed her dark brown hair, then passed her off.

"Okay Abigail, I will see you in two hours, you will see me in five hours?" I said, collecting Hunter.

"Yes, okay, I swear I'm leaving now, goodbye." She laughed, and shut the door behind her.

"Where's Mama going?" Hunter asked, looking up at me. 

"She's going to work." I explained.

"Oh." She sighed.

"And tonight, we're gonna go to Mama's work, and watch her, okay?"

"Okay!" She giggled, "what does Mama do?"

"She's an actress." I smiled, kissing her head.

"What's an actress?" She asked, as I sat down on the couch, flipping on Disney Jr.

"It means that she pretends to be someone, to tell a story. You know when she tells you bedtime stories?"

"Mmhm." Hunter nodded.

"Well, it's sorta like that, I guess." I smiled.

"What about you, can Mama and I go see you work sometime?"

"No, pumpkin." I laughed, "I don't think you'd like watching me work."

"I think I would, I like watching Dada cook." She giggled, pulling her arms around my neck and standing on my lap.

"That's not what I do for my work, cupcake." I smiled, then kissed her head, "now sit down, look, Sammie Sawyer!" I pointed towards the TV, which was playing her favorite show.

"SAMMIE, SOPHIE, DANNY, AND BREE!FIGHTING PIRATES ON THE DEEP BLIE SEA!" She sang the theme song, and I laughed, leaning into the couch.

•••

"You look wonderful, Huntie." I smiled, as she spread out her pink frilly dress.

"Thank you." She giggled, rocking back and forth on her mini kid heels.

"Okay, lets go, baby doll." I smiled, and picked her up, setting her on my hip. I walked her downstairs, and got into the car we had waiting out front.

About twenty minutes later, due to the New York traffic, we arrived at the theater, and I was walking inside.

"MAMA!" Hunter squealed, as I was getting our tickets at Will Call. She was pointing at a poster of Abigail and her co-star Christi.