Abi - Group Home (part two)

I was bobbing my foot nervously, watching the new black heel go up and down, refusing to look up at my principal, who was concluding my graduation ceremony. I was almost too zoned out, to hear him tell us to move our tassels.

"Abigail." The girl next to me jabbed my side with her elbow, and I quickly moved the gold tassel.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Please rise." My principal said, and my class all stood up, and I nervously wrung my hands, "may I present your 2018 graduating class!" He said, and the students cheered, and I saw hats fly in the air. "Congratulations." He added, and I moved out of the group.

"Hey kid, congrats." Gerry said, as I found him, he pulled his arms around me and kissed my head.

"Thanks." I giggled.

"Wait, unzip this." He said, and unzipped my blue gown, to show the tight black lacy dress he bought me for graduation. "You're so gorgeous." He smiled.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"Hey, hey!" My boyfriend smiled, stopping a woman who was walking by, "can you take a picture of me and my girlfriend?" He asked.

"Oh! Of course, you two are adorable." She smiled, taking his phone.

"Thank you." I smiled, and felt Gerrys hand on my hip.

"No problem." She said, taking the picture then handing Gerry his phone back.

"Okay kid, lets go I have some friends coming over to the apartment to celebrate."

"Oh." I said, surprised, as he grabbed my hand. "Why didn't you tell me? I could have invited some of my friends."

"The apartments not big enough, and my friends haven't met you yet."

"Okay." I sighed a little bit, following him.

"It'll be fun, I got drinks." He said, climbing in the car.

"I'm 18." I reminded him.

"I mean, I wouldn't say anything if you had a little." He shrugged, pulling out of the parking lot.

"It's illegal."

"No ones gonna say anything honey." He laughed, "and I have a surprise."

"You do?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Of course, a little graduation gift, and we can hang this up too." He said, tapping my diploma.

"Yay." I sighed, leaning back into the worn seat.

"I'm so proud of my little graduate." He shouted a little bit, and I giggled.

A moment later he pulled into the parking spot in front of the apartment.

"Are people already here?" I asked, climbing out of the truck.

"Mmhm," he nodded, taking my hand.

"Oh." I mumbled, as he opened the door.

I was surprised seeing a bunch of his work friends hanging around my apartment. I hung back a little, as he talked to some of the guys.

"Hey, so does she know what she wants yet?" One of his friends asked, and I looked at him oddly.

"Oh, I haven't told her yet." Gerry chuckled, "Abigail, come here." He smiled.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I'm getting you a tattoo!" He said, and I looked back, shocked.

"What?"