Abi - College

"Baby. C'mon, come out from under the covers sweet one." Kevin sighed, and I felt the bed sink down a little, as he sat down.

"No." I mumbled.

"Seriously, I have like 7 letters here." He said, and rubbed my shoulder. I nuzzled deeper into the bed.

"I'm never coming out from under these blankets. I'm skipping college and living here forever." I mumbled, "Dad!" I shouted.

"Yeah?!" I heard him yell back.

"I'm living with you forever!"

"Good." He laughed.

"Abigail, I'm opening the NYU letter, you've given me no choice." Kevin sighed, and I heard him start to open the envelope. I weaseled my way out of my blankets, and tackled my boyfriend to my bedroom floor.

"Don't you dare, I don't want to know!" I said.

"Miss Abigail Miranda," he said, and cleared his throat, reading out loud.

"Please Kev, stop it." I whined, sitting on his hips and trying to grab the paper, which he tugged back.

"We are excited to inform you that you have been accepted a-"

"Please Kevie stop please." I shook my head, covering my ears.

"Baby." He sighed, and pulled my hands away. "You got in, it's an an acceptance letter." He laughed.

"I, I got in?" I asked, grabbing the slightly crumpled letter. I read over it quickly, frantically.

"Yeah." He laughed, holding my waist.

"DAD!" I shouted, leaping off of Kevin's hips. "DAD! DAD!" I ran into the kitchen ecstatic.

"Calm down, Lovey." He laughed, putting his hands on my shoulders. "Where did you get in?"

"NYU." I smiled.

"Okay okay, come here." He took my hand, and pulled me along into his bedroom. He went into the closet and came out with a NYU t-shirt.

"Why do you have this?" I asked, taking it.

"I ordered shirts for all the colleges you applied to." He smiled, "put it on."

"Kay." I pulled it on over my black tank top.

"Is this where you want to go?" My dad asked.

"It's close to home, it's a good school, it's where Kevin goes." I listed, "yeah, it's where I want to go, Tisch is a good school, yeah."

"I'm proud of you." He sighed, and kissed my head. "Okay, hold up the letter." He prompted, and I held it up, when I heard Kevin coming in.

"A?" He asked, "do you still have that sweatshirt I gave you? From New Years?"

"Yeah, second drawer of my dresser." I shrugged.

"Okay, can you wait like two seconds?" He asked, and I nodded. Kevin ran back into my bedroom and reappeared wearing his sweatshirt. "Can I be in one?" He asked, "I'm wearing NYU stuff." He smiled.

"Yeah." I nodded.

My dad took two pictures, one of me grinning, and holding my slightly crumpled NYU acceptance letter, wearing my slightly too big NYU t-shirt, and a second of me still holding the letter, with my boyfriends arms around my waist, kissing my cheek.

@Abi_Miranda: Wait... What???? #NYUbound #NYUclassof2023 (PC: Dad) 

•••