Abi - Running Away AU

— okay, a few things. this chapter is adapted from a previous AU where abi ran away from the walters. this is what would have happened had the couple who owned the restaurant not found her. also, there will likely be more mature themes in this, so my apologies. the content won't get too bad, but just the overall themes.

•••

"Hi Angel." Someone said, and my stomach flipped.

"Get away." I mumbled, my eyes still shut. I was leaned against the wall, trying to fall asleep.

"I'm just trying to help." He defended.

"Stop trying, I'm not interested."

"I'm serious, hun just, I'm not going to hurt you, just come with me."

"I said no!" I shouted, spinning my head around to see a guy in his mid twenties, likely homeless, judging by his jacket, hair, and backpack.

"And I said I wasn't gonna hurt you." He rolled his eyes, squatting down by me, "you look young, c'mon, get up."

"I-"

"Can things get worse?" He asked me, and my heart sunk a bit.

"No." I shook my head. I took the mans hand and pulled myself up.

"I live in a little camp with a few other people, you would have company."

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"Mmhm." He nodded, rubbing my arm.

"How far is it?"

"Not far at all." He replied, "so um, how old are you?"

"You don't want to know." I muttered, staring at my boots.

"I asked, I want to know, you look pretty young. I'm pegging you at 14."

"I'm not 14 I'm 15." I snapped, embarrassed.

"There we go." He chuckled.

"How old are you?" I asked, looking up at him.

"25."

"Oh." I breathed, and felt his hand leave my arm and encircle my waist.

"Yeah," he smiled, "anyways, um, we're here, you can stop staring at your shoes now." He pointed out, and I realized that my gaze had drifted back to my short brown boots.

"It's cute." I smiled seeing a circle of tents.

"I'm in the yellow one, go on in." He gently pushed me over towards the small tent. I unzipped it, and saw a large sleeping bag, blanket, pillow, and a backpack in the corner.

"So, can I share the bed?" I asked, looking back at the adult behind me, zipping the tent back up.

"Yeah, it's much warmer than outside." He chuckled, slipping into the sleeping bag.

"Okay." I mumbled, climbing in next to him. "Thank you so much." I smiled, pulling the blanket up over my shoulder.

"Of course." He smiled, my heart was thumping quickly, I was a little scared of this situation, but my life had already gone to hell. There was no use trying to save myself, and company sounded nice. "This is okay, right?" He asked, slipping an arm under my torso.