Abi/Kevin - Bad Day

Abi's POV

Josh:
I'm sorry sweetie

Josh:
I'm sick. I really, I'm sorry. Isaac's going in for me today...

Pip-squeak:
Ugh. Okay, feel better!! Love you.

Josh:
I will. Sorry about Isaac.

I groaned a little putting my phone down. Isaac was a new ensemble member, and understudied Clyde. He and I didn't get along, I mean, he was very talented, but, I don't know, we had never performed together. Rehearsals didn't go well for the two of us, just, he was sort of a jerk.

I took the subway to work. I was wearing a loose black dress, and a white sweater. I had headphones in, and was trying to tune the world out around me. I got out when the car stopped, and walked up to the theater. I made my way inside the stage door, and signed in.

"Abigail?" I turned around to see Isaac, "I'm going on today."

"Mmhm, I know, Josh texted." I said, smiling at him.

"Okay, just letting you know." He rolled his eyes, and walked back to his room. I walked over into my dressing room too, and sat down at my table. I dug around in a box for a second, and pulled out a bag of dried mango slices. I started nervously eating them.

"Knock knock?" I heard my friend Mari's voice, as she came into my room.

"Hi." I smiled at her, my mouth full.

"You okay?" She asked, laughing a bit.

"Mmhm. Stress eating." I mumbled.

"You do you, Abigail." She giggled a little, sitting on my couch. Mari was my alternate, and went on on my day off, which was Sunday. "Oh! Is it Isaac?" She asked.

"Yeah." I sighed, "I feel like a jerk."

"No! Don't, he makes all of us uncomfortable."

"Okay." I sighed, finishing the bag of mango slices. "I need more of these." I noted.

"Do you need to buy more? I can run to the store, I mean, I'm off." Mari shrugged.

"Oh, no, I have more." I laughed a little, and stood up. I opened a cabinet over my vanity and grabbed a second bag.

"How many bags of that do you have?" She asked.

"Too many." I giggled.

•••

After the show, I was in my dressing room with a bottle of water and Advil. My period started right before the show did, and the stress of not having Josh on was not helpful.

"Abigail?" I looked over at my door to see Isaac standing in the doorway to my room.

"Mmhm?" I smiled a little, "you did great today, by the way."

"Thanks, anyways, I was wondering if you'd want to go on a date, Monday night?" He offered.

"Oh!" I was taken aback a little, "um, I'm flattered, but I'm also married. A little over a year now."