Abi - Bio Parents AU (part 3)

Abigail's POV

"What do you think?" I asked my parents, twirling around in my prom dress. It was bubblegum pink, with a full tulle skirt, and off the shoulder loose sleeves.

"What's this for?" My dad asked.

"Prom. Dad, I'm going to prom." I sighed.

"Oh, sorry." He laughed a little, "it's cute."

"Thanks." I blushed, then heard a knock at the door. "That's my date! Can you come and meet him?"

"It's okay, just go, we trust you." My mom yawned, leaning back into the couch. I frowned a little, my shoulders slumping.

"Okay. Bye." I waved a little, my heart heavy. I went over to the front door, and pulled it open.

"Abigail, you look wonderful!" Joseph smiled me, he was holding a corsage, and biting his lip nervously, "uh, my parents want pictures." He nodded behind him.

"Okay." I smiled, and followed him outside to where his parents stood.

"Hi sweetie, I'm Mrs. Anderson, Joseph's mom, but you can call me Judy." His mom gave me a little hug, "aren't you adorable?"

"And I'm John, it's nice to meet you, young lady." His dad came over and shook my hand quickly.

"Nice to meet you too." I smiled politely.

•••

After photos, and dinner, Joseph was showing his school ID, and both of our tickets to a Sophomore who was working prom.

"Okay, c'mon honey." He took my hand, and pulled me along after him, into the hotel ballroom.

"Yeah I'm nervous." I mumbled, seeing everyone. "I don't want people to look at me anymore, it's like they're looking through everything I wear, but simultaneously judging me for being a slut. That's so stupid, they know that right? If you're mentally undressing someone, you can't also judge them!"

"You look gorgeous." Jospeh gently kissed my forehead. "You know I'm pissed at Jaden, right?"

"Mmhm." I nodded, playing with the ends of my straight hair.

"What he did wasn't okay, and people know that. Even though it isn't obvious to you, somewhere they know it's wrong." He explained, "now, let's dance okay? That's what we're here to do." My boyfriend flashed me a smile, and took my hand, pulling his arm around my body, then swaying with me.

"You know how to dance?" I asked, smiling up at him.

"Mmhm, of course." He laughed a little bit, "if you think I'm going to come to prom only knowing how to jump up and down with one arm in the air, you are mistaken."

"I'm sorry for assuming." I smiled a little, then he spun me around, and I giggled.

"You look like you are a little fairy who just accidentally got spun in cotton candy at a fair." Joseph said, looking at my light pink tulle skirt.

"That's alarmingly accurate." I allowed, looking down as my skirt gently brushed the floor

"Hey Joseph?" I looked up seeing Jaden standing by my boyfriend, "you know you don't need to take her to prom to get her to put out."

"Jaden..." Joseph started, pushing me behind him.

"Just grab her hips, pull her back into you, and kiss her neck a little." As he said this, he grabbed my hand, and pulled me closer to him.