Meeting Kevin

It was dumping snow outside, as I pulled myself into the nearest coffee shop. We had only just moved back to America, and I was trying to get back into the swing of NYC. I pulled my white winter jacket around me more, and pushed my hood off. I stood in line to order, trying to warm up in the small shop. I finally got up to the counter and smiled at the barista.  (T YES I HAVE BEEN WAITING MONTHS FOR THIS)

"Hi, welcome to Rockford Coffeehouse, what can I get you?" The barista, a younger guy, smiled at me.

"Um," I took a breath, "Venti white mocha with cinnamon and two shots of espresso." I repeated my general order.

"Okay." He smiled, and chuckled a little, biting his lip. "And what's your name?" (T: WHATS YO NAME MAN? LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA IM IN THR CAR WITH JAMES CORDEN) (T KEVOOOOOOOOOOOO)

"Abigail." I smiled. (T oh)

"Awesome." He smiled at me, and I left the line to wait for my coffee. A few minutes later, I was on my phone, when I heard the barista yell, "Venti white mocha, cinnamon, two shots of espresso, for the British chick, dressed like a bunny." (T heh? My cinnamon roll is not British)

"Um, hi. Excuse me, I'm not British?" I walked up to the counter, and took my drink from the now smiling worker. (

"Okay, well, you have a bit of an accent."

"Oh! I've, I've been trying to shake this, I was in London for a year." I groaned a little.

"Were you legal?" He asked, leaning on the counter, and smiling, like he was about to laugh.

"Work visa." I rolled my eyes a little.

"Woah, what kind of a job do you have? I would of pegged you at 16-17?"

"17, and my dad had, had this thing." I took a deep breath, "also, I gave you my name...." I trailed off, searching for his.

"Kevin." He pointed towards his name badge. "And I know, Abigail right?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Where did the bunny thing come from?"

"Okay, white boots, white stockings, a white dress, with a white sweater, and a white jacket, with a white scarf and white hat." He pointed out, "and your nails." He finished, as an afterthought.

"Okay." I laughed a bit, "I see that one."

"ALVAREZ!" I heard someone yell, and Kevin looked up, "get back to work, I'm not paying you to flirt with the customers!" He flushed a light shade of red, and I smiled. (T I see an Usnavi x Vanessa thing goin on, although the guy who yelled at him reminds me of Usnavi and Kevo is Sonny)

"SORRY!" Kevin yelled back.

"I should let you get back." I waved a little.

"Yeah, uh, I'll see you around, it's a small city."

"It's really not." I laughed.

"Bye British bunny chick!" He waved, as I was leaving.

"Abigail!" I shouted.

"I know." I heard him chuckle as I closed the door of the shop. I giggled, as I got in the passenger seat of my dad's car.

"Okay, as a father I am both terrified and obligated to ask you, what happened?" He asked, starting the car. (T 😂😂😂😂)

"Nothing, everyone thinks I'm British."

"Ahh, yeah, you and Seb both got those cute accents." He laughed.

"And why didn't you?" I asked. "You were the one who had to develop one."

"I don't know, I'm more American than you."