Teenage Pregnancy (part 2)

A continuation to the last one shot by Obsessive_Fan_Gurl because YES. (I did not write this)

Abi's POV

"Betsy, come on, shhhh go to sleep, Mommy needs her sleep," I tried to lull the crying baby in my arms back to sleep without waking my parents, but apparently she wasn't having any of that.

I was swaying around the kitchen when I heard Lin's voice behind me. "Baby troubles?"

"Sorry did she wake you?"

"No no, I'm still trying break out of Sebastian's leche routine. I can't believe he's almost three." He chuckled, opening his arms and taking Betsy from me. "Hey Nieta. Shhhhhh, why so many tears? Hmm?" I collapsed into one of the chairs at the table as Lin started singing in Spanish and slowly rocking Betsy back and forth. She soon stopped crying and silence settled around us.

Tears began to flow down my cheeks as I realised I wasn't very good at being a parent, hell I was 16 and still heavily relied on my parents. Well my adoptive parents. I'm such a burden to them. Perhaps it'd just be easier if Betsy and I left. I could get a job and an apartment or something, but I couldn't leave Betsy alone.

"Hey hey, Niñita why are you crying?" Lin whispered, trying not to wake Betsy again. "Mija?"

"I'm a horrible mum and a horrible daughter." I whimpered.

"Oh no peanut, no no you're not, you're a great mum, and an even greater daughter." He hugged me from the side and kissed my forehead. "I'm going to put your little one to bed then come back and talk to my little one," he kissed my forehead again before heading into the nursery. I buried my head in my hands and let the tears flow. It had been a whole year since the attack. A whole year of panic attacks, a whole year of flinching away from any guy who got a little too close. A whole year of doctors appointments and not leaving the house unless completely necessary.

Lin returned to the kitchen and began to make tea.

"It's a year today..." I whimpered.

"I know," he sighed. "Look Abi everyone has bad days you have no idea how many times Vanessa and I had to call my parents in the middle of the night because we couldn't get Sebastian to sleep. And there's been nights when you've had a nightmare and I can't help but think I'm a horrible parent."

"But I'm just a child, I don't know how to be a mom and she's going to grow up with out a father. And... and... I don't want her to not know who her dad is."

"Do you want Luke to be a part of her life? To be a part of yours?" Lin asked in a serious tone. "Do you want that man around your baby?"

"No off course not." I snapped. "Why would you suggest that?"

"Because I wanted you to realize something. Not all men deserve to be fathers. One day when Betsy is a little older she'll understand, but until that day she'll have a great mom, and some abuelos who will spoil her."

"And some great bisabuelos to keep her abuelo in check." I nudged his shoulder with mine.

We moved onto the couch and sat and talked while finishing off our tea.