Abi/Kev - Valentines Day

Valentine's Day 2018:

"So, where is the boyfriend taking you tonight?" My dad asked as we were getting in the car in the morning.

"He won't say." I sighed, "I mean, I don't know, like I'm almost positive he's not taking me out, I mean, it's Manhatten, and he's in college." I laughed a bit. "He did promise I would love it though."

"Well, maybe you can wear him down." My dad laughed, parking in front of my coffee shop.

"This is my first Valentine's Day, I'm nervous." I admitted, getting out of the car.

"He's a great guy, don't be nervous, Niñita."

"Not helpful, but I'll try." I smiled, and closed the car door, walking inside. I saw Kev smile at me a little as I walked in. I eventually got up to the front of the line, and Kevin was leaning on his elbows on the counter.

"Happy Valentines Day." He smiled at me, teasingly.

"I'm sure you say that to every girl who comes in here." I laughed.

"Actually, I have to." He shrugged, "but I don't have to do this." He leaned over and gently kissed me.

"ALVAREZ!" I heard his manager yell at him, and laughed, as it had come to be normal.

"It's Valentines Day." He whined. "Your coffee'll be over there in a second, Bunny."

"Mmkay." I smiled, and went over to the side counter. About a minute later he came over and handed me my cup.

"Happy Valentines Day, Sweetheart. Are you excited for tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah." I giggled.

"Good, and here you go." He bent over to pick something up then handed me a stuffed bunny rabbit with large floppy ears.

"Aww!" I giggled a little more. "Thank you."

"Hey, Boyfriend." He pointed to himself, "it's my job. So, I will pick you up at 6:30?"

"Yeah." I bit my lip.

"Awesome, you look adorable." He smiled, and leaned over kissing the center of my hairline.

"ALVAREZ!" I laughed as I heard his manager again.

"Abigail I swear, you're gonna get me fired." Kevin laughed a little, "SORRY!" He shouted back. "I'll see you tonight, Bunny." He stepped away from the counter, and brushed his hands off on his apron.

"Bye." I waved a little, and left the small coffee shop.

"That took a while." My dad noted as I got back in the car.

"Mmhm." I smiled.

"This is to die for." He said as he pulled out of the parking lot. "He bought you a gift based off your nickname."

"Yeah." I giggled, still feeling like I was floating.

•••

I was sitting on our couch, pulling on black heels when my mom walked in.

"Okay, stand up for me, Mija." She smiled and took my hand, helping me up. 

"How do I look?" I bit my lip, nervous.

"Fantastic. Okay? You're so beautiful, my little one." I looked down, seeing my shorter pink dress, the skirt flowing, and reaching about halfway down my thighs. "Just be careful, I know he's a nice guy, but, ugh, you're lovely."