Abi - Stagedoor (part 2)

Kevin parked the car on the street in front of the coffee shop, and I climbed out, standing and hugging myself on the sidewalk. I was in the theatre district, which was essentially the only place in New York where people actually knew who I was.

On the bright side, it was a Sunday, so not much was open.

"Okay." My husband sighed, and rubbed both of my arms, then kissed the back of my head. "you feeling any better?"

"Mmhm." I nodded.

"Okay." He smiled at me, and took my hand pulling me into the shop.

"I don't think she's here." I noted, looking around the little space.

"I'm gonna get your drink, get a table?" He suggested.

"Okay." I smiled, and he got into the line.

I sat at a small table, and nervously bounced my foot, until I saw the teenage girl walk in with her mom, she looked around the small space quickly, then she saw me and her eyes brightened. Her mom got into the line, and the girl came over to me.

"Hi!" I smiled, standing up.

"Ah! Hi! Hi!" She giggled, and I smiled wider, giving her a hug. "Um, I, my name's Rishima?"

"Hi, do you, do you want to sit down?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure." She giggled more, causing me to smile again,

"Okay, so, I'm, I didn't mean to scare you last night, I mean, I screamed in your ear, and I pushed you, and, I'm sorry."

"No, I'm just, I'm sorry about what happened to you, that was scary, and then everything online, it's awful."

"Oh, um, I haven't exactly been online since." I shrugged, biting my lip.

"That makes sense." She said, "are you gonna be back on Tuesday?"

"Yeah, it's kinda fortunate that it happened on a Saturday, because we're all off on Sundays and I'm off on Mondays." I explained.

"Okay." She smiled, "I'm glad."

"Mmhm, so, um, what shows were you able to see?" I asked.

"Oh, uh, we saw Bonnie and Clyde, obviously, and then we saw Hadassah a-"

"Oh! Marcy's amazing!" I smiled, putting my hand over Rishimas, excitedly.

"She really was." Rishima nodded.

"Okay, sorry, what else?"

"Uh, we also saw The Great Gatsby, I was blown away." She raved.

"Oh! Um, actually, the guy that wrote that, actually went to high school with my director."

"You're kidding." She smiled.

"I'm not! Imagine being in their drama club, the connections you'd have."

"Yeah." She laughed, and then I saw a cup of coffee be set on the table.

"Hi sweetie." Kevin smiled.

"Thanks! Kev, sit down, this is Rishima, and Rishima, this is my husband Kevin Alvarez." I added.

"Nice to meet you." My husband smiled politely, sitting down by me.

"Hi." She giggled, "I hope this isn't weird, I know who you are, you're so fantastic." Rishima giggled.

"Aww, I'm touched." My husband smiled.

•••

Eventually, our little coffee date came to a close, and Kevin drove me back to our apartment. He returned to sitting on our bed, trying to figure out exactly how to balance a checkbook, while I finally gave in and read through my Twitter feed.