Chapter 2

~Quincy

"Lani, stop ignoring me!" I say looking at her. She just continued to look out the car window. I pull off to the side of the road. I grab her arm and pull her towards me. She looks at me like I'm crazy. "What's your problem?" I ask. She looks at me, her eyes water. "Take me home Quincy. Now." I just say fuck it and speed home. It's best if she gets away from me before I either put my hands on her or cuss her out. When we got home, she went to our bathroom and threw up her lunch. I sigh and go to the bathroom to hold her hair. Ew god. After she finished, stared at herself crying. She brushes her teeth and goes to lay down. I kiss her forehead. "I gotta go baby. Love you." She replies with love you too. I put Marble on her arm and walk out the bedroom. I head to the warehouse. So much shit on my mind.

I checked inventory and bank accounts. I paid a couple workers then called to check on Lani. My mom answered the phone. "Ma?" I ask. "Lani isn't feeling well Q. What you need?" She ask. "I was just checking on her. She was throwing up before I left. I just wanted to make sure she was okay." I say. "Aw, my baby. I raised you right. But, I'll be here with her until you come home." I smile. "Thanks mama. I gotta go. Love you." I say. "Love you too Quincy. One." She hangs up. I sigh and sit in my office. I rub my hand over my face. I'm beyond frustrated.

"Q!" Smoke runs in the office. "Get down." He says. I hear shots soon as i hit the floor. I grab my gun and set it. Damn.

~LeLani

I lay in bed with an upset stomach, and a bad headache. "Anything you need Lani?" Q's mom ask. "Quincy." I tell her. "Aw. He'll be home soon. But until then, cuddle with Marble." I laugh a little. I fell asleep, and when I woke up, I was in Quincy's arms. I look at him. He was up and watching ESPN. "How you feel baby?" He ask. I shake my head. "Bad." I say feeling my head pound. "You need something?" He ask. "Water." He gets up and goes downstairs. "Thank you baby." I say taking the water. "I don't want to get you sick. So I'm not gonna kiss you." I tell him. He smiles at me and kisses my cheek. "Good enough."

"Lani, baby, wake up. I gotta go alright? My momma downstairs if you need something okay?" I look at him. "Where are you going?" I ask. "Warehouse. But I'll be right back." I nod. "Hurry up Quincy." I tell him. "I will." He walks out the bedroom. I get up to throw up more. Ugh.

When Q got back, he came to check on me. I was falling asleep by the time he got back. "Baby? You cool?" I nod and look at him. "You sure? You look dizzy." I blacked out.

When I woke up, Q was asleep in a chair. Smoke was on the phone and my best Lonnie was here. "You up bestie." Lonnie says. "I missed you Lonnie!" I hug her. "Quincy! Get yo yellow ass up!" Lonnie says. "Damn nigga." He rubs his eyes. "You okay?" Lonnie ask. "Yea. Why am I here?" I ask looking around the plain ass hospital room. "You passed out when we was talking." Q says looking at me. "Oh. What the doctors tell you?" I ask. "You had a high fever. Your getting the flu." Quincy answers looking at the time.

When I got home, I immediately went to sleep. Quincy went to sleep aslo. For me to be sick, he was still close as fuck. I wake up with his arms around my waist. He kisses my neck. "You feel okay?" I nod and smile. "Okay, just making sure." I scoot closer into his chest feeling his body heat. "Your warm." I say looking at him. "Okay?" He laughs a little.