Chapter 9

~Quincy

I pull up to house. Ugh. I get out, lock my car doors and open the front door. Lani was on the couch watching Madea. "LeLani." She looks at me then back at the tv. "What you want?" She sask. "I'm hungry." I tell her. "I don't give a fuck." Lani says unlocking her phone. "Lani, you gone do this to me?" I ask. "You ignored me all damn day Quincy. I don't give a fuck about you right now!" Lani says tearing up. "Bae, I'm sorry about that." I apologize. "Fuck you." Lani mumbles. I sigh and go out the living room. You cant win with Lani, so there's no point in arguing with her. It's waste of everyones time.

Later that night, Lani came upstairs. She looks at me and walks in the bathroom. Over dramatic ass. When she came out, she went straight to bed.

The next morning, I woke up missing my son. I get up and take a shower. After, I got dressed and headed towards his moms. When I got there, the door was locked. So I used my key. "Diamond!" I call. She comes downstairs with Quinn on her hip. "Daddy." I take Quinn from her. "What's up? You looking down." Diamond says. "He got any plans. I'ma take him with me for the week." Diamond shakes her head. "Ion care." I nod and go to his room. Picking out what I wanted him to wear. Quinn is 5, he's my life. I don't see him that much, only when I can. LeLani, she don't know about him. But they gone meet this weekend.

"Say bye to mommy." I say. "Bye bye ma." He waves. "Bye lil man. I love you. Be good." She kisses his forehead. "You be good too Quincy." I smile. "Yeah whatever." I walk out. On the way home, Quinn fell asleep. "Quinn, wake up lil man." I say getting him out the car. He scratches his head and looks at me. I shake my head and take out his bag. "Come on." He follows me in the house. I open the door, Lani was up and watching tv. "Hey ba-....Whose kid?" She ask crossing her arms. "Uh, I got a lot of explaining. Lani, this my son Quinn. I knew about him. But I thought you would be disappointed in me." I look down. "Quincy, I'm not. He's so adorable!" Lani says coming by us. "Hey little man. I'm Lani." She says. "Hi." He waves and hides behind my leg. I pick him up. "Wait? How old is he?" She ask. "Five" I say. "So, you cheated?" I sigh. "No, we were broken up at the time. I had an one night stand. And then 9 months later, Quinn." I say picking with my phone case. "Oh. I guess I can't be mad then." Lani says. "Nope."

~LeLani

Quinn is a very happy kid. He's been running around the house for over twenty minutes. "Quinn, sit down!" Quincy says. Quinn comes and sits next to Quincy. "Stop running okay?" Quincy tells him. "Otay, daddy." Quinn gets up and sits on the floor playing with his car. It's so hard to believe Quincy has a kid already.

Quinn looks at me. "Big tummy." Quinn touches it. The baby kicks crazily. "Baby." I say. He lifts up his shirt and looks at his tummy. "Baby?" He ask. "No, apple juice." I giggle. "Oh." He smiles. "Yeah." I pick him up and sit him in the chair. "Hungry Quinn?" I ask. "Yesh!" He says smiling. I made him chicken nuggets and juice. "Tank you." I smile. "Your welcome Quinn." I say going in the living room. Quincy was on the couch asleep. "Get yo ass up." I say shaking him. He sighs and sits up. "I'm so tired. Oh my god."He mumbles leaning on me. I look at him. "Can you take me shopping tomorrow?" I ask. "For?" He ask. "Stuff for the baby." I say. "Okay. Whenever." He says. Quincy eventually fell back to sleep. I just let him sleep.