Chapter 5

~LeLani

I was walking up the street with Lonnie. She was pushing the stroller with little Taylor in it. Taylor came kinda late, but she's so cute. Really light skin, green eyes and lots of hair. Terrell loves her to death. "So, what's up with you and Q? Y'all talking again?" She ask. I shake my head. "So what happened?" Lonnie ask. "Okay, we got into an argument, about me and this girl DaLana. He didn't like that we were messing around. Usually, he don't care if I mess with my hoes. But, he said that I'm getting too comfortable just cheating on him with females. I told him I was grown and didn't have to listen to him. Then he started telling me like, how you fucking with girls like it's okay? He said that I'm not fair because if he bring a girl home and not share I cuss him out." I explain. "Lani, you know you was wrong." I sigh. "I know! But damn!" I say.

As we kept walking I heard a gun shot, and my lower back started to burn an sting. "Oh my god LeLani!" Lonnie screams. "Lani, Lani! Talk to me! Lani!" I just feel my eyes close. "Lani! Please stay up Lani! Please!"

"Man fuck! When I find out who shot her, it's cut! I can't believe they shot my wife. Damn, you got beef wit' me but shoot her? I swear it's they fucking life. Fuck!" I hear Quincy. "Calm down lil bro. I understand. Chill out alright? You gone get put out." Terrell tells him. "Everything gone be okay Q." Lonnie tells him. I open my eyes feeling kinda dizzy. "Baby?" Quincy sits close. "Quincy, I could hear you. Calm down please?" He nods and takes my hand. "You okay?" He ask. "Baby I'm fine. You just need to relax. I don't want you getting put out." I tell him. "Can we talk for a minute y'all?" Quincy ask. They get up and go out. "Who did this?" He ask. "I don't know Quincy." I tell him. "Damn. What exactly happened?" He ask. "Lonnie and I were walking up the street, talking about you and I's argument, and I heard the shot. The my back started stinging. I fell to the ground and Lonnie started screaming." Quincy looks at me. "This should've been me." Quincy says. "No! Don't ever say some shit like that around me again Quincy! Ever!" I snap. "I'm sorry." He says.

When I was let out the hospital, I stayed home everyday, for two months. Quincy stayed home most of the time, but still had to either make runs or check in at the Warehouse. "You good?" I stand up and look at my back. "It fucked up my tattoo." I say looking at the tat above my butt. "You can get it re done." Q says. "I feel better." I grin. "I can tell." Quincy smiles at me.

Lonnie came over. I had dressed myself in leggings, a jean shirt, a white tank and my fire red J's. "You doing alright?" Lonnie ask. I nod. "Why you not talking?" Lonnie ask. "Quincy? Can you give us a minute babe?" He gets up and walks out the bedroom. "I might be pregnant Lonnie." I tell her. "Ah! Oh my god!" She says smiling. "Lonnie, no." I tell her. "What's wrong?" She ask. "I'm not ready. I have a doctors appointment for it in a few hours. I need you to come. Quincy can watch Taylor." She nods and smiles. "Stop it." I say getting mad.