Chapter 21

~LeLani

I stare at Jerell for a long time before looking at King. Ugh. I call Quincy. I've been talking to him every other day, and I'm beginning to miss his ugly self. "Quincy, are you in Cali?" I ask. "Yeah, I'm at the house. Why?" He ask. "I'm coming to see you." I say grabbing King. "Alright see you when you get here." I smile and hang up. "You not going to see him." Jerell says looking at me. "Whose father are you?" I lau little and grab the keys. I put my MCM bookbag on my back, and head out. 

I arrived at Quincy's house after thirty minutes. He was outside looking over the balcony. "Hi." I wave. He smiles and comes to open the door. He kisses me softly before letting me in. I was left in awe, but got myself together enough to walk in and take a seat on the couch. I took King out his carrier and gave him to Quincy.Quincy smiles and bounces King. I smile. When King and Brianna fell asleep for the night, Quincy put them upstairs, and came back down. 

"LeLani can we talk?" He ask. I nod and face him. "You know I miss you so much. I wish you would come back." I smile then look down at my hand. It held Jerell's engagement ring. I sigh. "Quincy, I miss you too. I wanna come back, but I agreed to marry Jerell." I explain. He nods and stands. "You can go. I'll keep the kids tonight." I look up at him. "Quincy, I want you." I blurt. He shakes his head. "You want ole boy. You got his ring on your finger and shit." I slid the ring off. "I can't marry someone knowing I love you." I stand on my tip toes and kiss Quincy's neck. "Lani, stop, go home to your man or whatever." Q says. I don't stop kising on him. I do miss Quincy, with every fiber in my being. He eventually gave in, and began to be rough with me. I loved it. 

~LeLani

I woke up with the bright sun in my face. Quincy was snoring lightly, with his arm around my back. I smile and look up at him. I grabbed my phone from under the pillow. I had over 50 text and calls from Jerell. He told me he dropped all of our clothes off at Quincy's garage. I shrug and ask him for the keys to my cars. I looked outside, the cars were here. I get up and jog down the steps. Soon as I hit the bottome step, King began crying. "I got em Lani!" Quincy yells. "Thanks love." I grab my keys and move the cars off the street. I walked back in the house and seen Quincy making King a bottle. Brianna was I guess still asleep. "LeLani, I'm going back to Atlanta today." I sigh. "I'm staying." I cross my arms. "Where exactly?" He ask. "Maybe I am going home." I say. "Quincy, I got a question." I say looking at him. "Yes?" I look up at the sky then at him. "How come we never got married? You say you love me, and wanna be with me forever. But, we haven't even spoke of marriage. Why?" I ask. "I don't know. I really don't know." He answers. "You wanna marry me? Even with what I put you through?" I nod. "I love you Q." I say concludingly. He smiles and kisses me. "I love you more." 

Later that day, I packed my stuff, and the kids too. I locked the cars and put the keys in the safe. We left back to Atlanta. While we were in the airport, Jerell was yelling my name. I turn and look at him. "Don't leave me Lani. Please?" I give him a face. "Jerell, no." I say looking up at Q. Who looked disgusted at him. "Jerell, go home. And forget about me okay?" I spoke calmly. "Lani please, I can work it out. You don't have to remove the tattoo if that's what it's about. I swear." I sigh. "Q, give me a minute." I say looking over at him. "Jerell, please go find someone else. Who really deserves what you can give. I don't. I've killed, fought, and have beat people. Just find someone else." I say trying to get him to leave. "Fine. I won't forget you. Call me?" I nod. "I promise love." 

Quincy rolls his eyes. "Lani let's go!" I smile. "Bye Jerell." I kiss his cheek and walk away with Q. When we got on the plane, Quincy started laughing and making fun of Jerell. "Please don't leave me Lani!" I roll my eyes. "Quincy that's rude." I say looking at him. "So, nigga can't have mines. Punk ass pretty boy" I laugh and look at King. "Booo!" I say picking him up. His grey eyes were piercing. "You sleep good?" King just stared like bish whet? "Daddy I hungry" Brianna says looking at Q. "Alright Bri." He said that, but didn't move.

When we got home, the gang hugged me like they aint seen me in 50 years. "Lani! I need you to cook for me." OG says cheesing. "Cook what OG?" I ask. "Uhhhh......Alfredo. Yes!" I swear OG gay. "Ok honey bun." We went home, and I unpacked. "Mommy can we go to the mall!?" I smile. "Yep. Come on."

~Quincy

When Lani left, the boys came over. We was smoking when I heard King coughing hard from upstairs. "Aye put that out.' I say going up the steps two by two. I picked him up and he kept coughing. I pat his back.

I call Lani. "I can't get King to stop coughing. WHAT I Do?" I question. "Your smoking?" I sigh. "Yeah." I respond. "Take him out to fresh air." I took King out to the backyard and his coughing stopped. A nigga was about to have a heart attack. If something happen to these kids on my watch, LeLani will kill me.

A few hours pass, and someone knocks on the door. I open to see Quinn's mom. She was crying. "What happened? You alright?" I ask. "Quinn! It's Quinn. He got hit." She cries. "Where he at!?" I Yell. "The hospital! Come on Q" I got King and we headed out. I seen Quinn hooked up to so many machines. It brought tears to my eyes. "Where was you at!?" I roar. "He was going yo his friends across the street, and he was mad, he just ran across and boom." I stare at her then to Quinn. I went in his room and sat by his bed. I began praying like I never have before.

Lani came, and stayed with me while I Cried. "Why this happen to him though?" I was a wreck. "It's gonna be okay Quincy. I promise." Lani kisses my ear and squeezes my hand. I look to see Quinn, still looking life less, not breathing on his own. I look back down at the floor. What if my son don't get out of this?