Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Ohayou Oya-ji, Taka-chan." Sakuragi cheerfully greeted Kawamura's while carrying boxes of seafood for their sushi shop.

It's been a while since he and Youhei met the father and son Kawamura. Few days, after their graduation in Shohoku High, they moved to Tokyo to attend college at Tokyo University after getting the entrance exam result.

Sakuragi, whose dream to become a coach/teacher someday take Bachelor of Arts in Education course, while Youhei takes Bachelor of Mass Communications.

On his daily morning routine, Sakuragi met the old Kawamura carrying heavy boxes of seafood and offers help. Since that day, they become a good friends and help him every morning as a part of his daily morning exercise.

"Ohayou Hana-nichan, Youhei-nichan. You're both early for a college student. I always thought only high schooler and middle schooler go to school early." Said Takashi while scratching his head.

His sweet smiles shown fondness on his 'brothers'. He really liked both them. Having them  around makes him grateful and feel safe.  In a short time knowing them both, he feel their good nature and pure heart. It's not because they always help them in carrying stuff, its because of the care and respect they've shown for both of them.

"Hey Taka-chan, you don't have school today? Senior year in middle school right?"

"Hai Hana-nichan. Please if you have free time, visit us in school. Soon, we have a game, ranking for regular spot. I wish you can come to watch us."

"Takashi-kun, you play tennis right? I don't think Hanamichi knows about tennis. Hahaha!"

"Tennis?! Of I know tennis Youhei! ! It's like basketball! Am i right? Nyahahaha"

"Ja Takashi-kun, Kawamura-san we have to go. We have to check our class schedule. We need to see our professor.  See you later." They waved goodbye to the Kawamura's as they happily walking down the street.

College. Not in their wildest dream that they will go to college. In Tokyo they choose to study while the 'thress stooges' Noma, Takamiya and Ohkuso stayed in Kanagawa. Although they want to stay together until they finish their studies they just can't. Only Sakuragi and Youhei pass the entrance exam in The University of Tokyo, also known as Tokyo Uni. Aside from that, Tokyo Uni provides scholarship to Sakuragi because of his exceptional talents in basketball.

Who'd ever thought that the violent newbie in his freshman year in high school is now known and crowned as the 'Rebound King' and 'Red Hair MVP'. Other famous and exclusive universities scouted him and also offers scholarship just for him to attend their university.

"Hanamichi, you think you can manage? I mean you have to study and part-time job....later in you'll have basketball."

"I think Youhei and I will. I can't give up basketball. I want to be a coach like Anzai-sensei someday and this is a good opportunity for me."

"Just accept Maki-san's offer." Why won't you?

"I owe Shin-chan a lot and I don't know how to repay him. "

"We both know, you know how. You just didn't try."

"I try. I really try, I did until now. But i just can't. It's just like you and me. That's all. Or maybe that's all for now. Maybe someday, maybe." He answered sadly and put his arms on Youhei's shoulder.

"Just piece of advice, don't be afraid to try again. It's not the end of the world for you Hanamichi."

"I know Youhei. I know."

"As your bestfriend, I'll support you no matter what. But didn't you like it, you can always have a free cake from Maki-san?. Hahahaha" joked Youhei to change the serious face of his friend.